The Texas serial bombings may finally be over. New reports claim a suspect connected to the widespread Lone Star State attacks has killed himself.
According to reports, the possible person responsible for the bombings killed himself by setting off a bomb inside his vehicle as a SWAT team pulled up on him.
Authorities had tracked the suspect — a 24-year-old white man — to a hotel in Round Rock, a city in the Austin metropolitan area, Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said at a news conference. They tracked his vehicle until he pulled over on Interstate 35 and “the suspect detonated a bomb inside the vehicle, knocking one of our SWAT officers back,” Manley said, adding that the officer sustained minor injuries. (NBC News)
President Donald Trump has since reacted to the headline-generating news.
AUSTIN BOMBING SUSPECT IS DEAD. Great job by law enforcement and all concerned!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 21, 2018
Chicago’s Chance The Rapper spoke out on the Texas bombings Tuesday following a FedEx explosion earlier in the day outside of San Antonio.
Someone is serial murdering Black and Latino men and women in Texas right now. One of them was just a boy. Hold your leaders accountable. Even if you aren’t from Texas, your elected officials should be talking about this. #AustinBombings
— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) March 20, 2018
The publicized attack is believed to possibly have a connection to last week’s Austin attacks.
A bomb blast that rocked a Texas FedEx facility near San Antonio on Tuesday widened the destructive path of a serial bomber but provided “extensive evidence” that may have narrowed the intense manhunt for the killer. The package bomb that exploded near San Antonio was mailed from Austin, where four bombings this month have killed two people, wounded four more and stumped hundreds of local, state and federal law enforcement officers. One worker suffered minor injuries in Tuesday’s blast, authorities said. (USA Today)