New York rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine isn’t going anywhere. New reports claim the “King of New York” must remain behind bars after getting nabbed this week on an arrest warrant.
According to reports, a judge denied Tek’s bail request Thursday (July 12) following a court appearance.
It was mentioned by the prosecutor that 6ix9ine is a flight risk, which weighed into the court’s decision to keep him locked up. The star’s mother was inconsolable during the hearing after learning her son would not be released. He will remain behind bars until officials from Harris County, TX come to NYC and pick him up on the misdemeanor assault warrant. (The Blast)
Earlier in the day, reports claimed 6ix9ine could stay stuck in jail until next week.
A rep for the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office tells us Tekashi was just arraigned and is now in custody until a tentative date of July 20. We’re told authorities from Houston are then expected to pick him up on an arrest warrant issued by a judge back in May. TMZ broke the story … 69 was arrested at JFK Airport Wednesday when he landed after his European tour. Cops picked him up on the Houston warrant for allegedly choking a 16-year-old. (TMZ)
Yesterday, reports emerged about New York cops nabbing Tek on an arrest warrant after he returned from a European trip.
6ix9ine is legitimately behind bars after being arrested on an outstanding warrant when his plane landed back in the states. The Blast has confirmed the hip-hop star is currently in custody after he was arrested Wednesday when he arrived at JFK Airport. We’re told Tekashi69 was taken into custody over the misdemeanor assault warrant out of Houston, where he was wanted for allegedly choking a 16-year-old boy. NYPD tells us the “Gotti” rapper will be held in NYC lockup until Texas officials come and take him, and that he will not be extradited across the country. (The Blast)
Earlier this year, buzz developed over Tek allegedly choking a teenage fan.