Chicago singer R. Kelly has a set bond. Less than 24 hours after turning himself into authorities on multiple sexual abuse charges, a judge has set Kells’ bond at $1 million.
According to reports, the decision went down Saturday for charges dating back to the late 90’s.
A judge set bond for R. Kelly at $1 million Saturday on charges the singer sexually abused four females from 1998 to 2010. Under the terms of his bond, Kelly must surrender his passport and may not have contact with anyone under 18. His next court appearance is set for Monday. (CNN)
Last night, Kells’ legal team addressed his client’s decision to surrender to police.
His attorney, Steve Greenberg, said Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx succumbed to public pressure and that his client is an innocent man. “I think all the women are lying,” Greenberg said. Kelly didn’t speak to the media. “Mr. Kelly is strong, he’s got a lot of support and he’s going to be vindicated on all these charges — one by one if it has to be,” Greenberg said. (CNN)
— Megan Crepeau (@crepeau) February 23, 2019
The drama comes after two women stepped forward this week to claim Kelly sexually abused them in the 90’s.
Earlier this month, buzz developed about a new Kelly sex tape surfacing.
In response to press inquiries, attached is a stmt regarding our work on the R. Kelly matter since April, including the discovery of new critical video evidence establishing his guilt. We will continue to work tirelessly to ensure that this predator is brought to justice. pic.twitter.com/D0dGFzgXlX
— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) February 14, 2019