“Going once Going twice Are there any “rappers” that would like a verse on the WGU remix? The instrumental is on iTunes. Fuck it up & send it to me.”
Nicki challenged all those who can really rap to prove they have what it takes to be featured on the upcoming remix to her hit single “We Go Up.”
Many aspiring artists took the queen up on her offer, in hopes of being selected and have been showing off their freestyle skills on the #WeGoUpChallenge. We’re highlighting these five contenders who might stand a chance of rhyming with the “Do We Have A Problem” artist.
- “Sorry Not Sorry” rapper Omeretta The Great made it known we will be seeing more of her after landing a record deal. Doing just that, Omeretta took to Instagram to show off her southern flow on the New York drill beat, giving other contenders a run for their money.
- Atlanta rapper Akbar V has this challenge in the bag. After gaining the attention of Nick Minaj, Akbar may have already won.
- Bronx emcee Maliibu Miitch, has the perfect voice for drill rap. Maliibu’s freestyle has the fans agreeing her sound will match perfectly on the remix, many giving her props for having “the perfect drill voice.”
- Brooklyn Princess Lola Brooke took to her Instagram to show off her freestyle skills. Already known for her drill flow, Lola is proving why Nicki should look no further.
- After being blocked by Nicki Minaj, Texas rapper Erica Banks still decided to join the #WeGoUpChallenge in hopes of getting a feature. Taking to her Instagram, the “Buss It” rapper received mixed reviews on her freestyle, having fans questioning if Banks has what it takes to win Nicki over.
Nicki Minaj Releases We Go Up Music Video. Fans Go Crazy
Nicki Minaj released the music video for her single “We Go Up”. The snippet of the video caught quite the buzz. Soon after announcing the song dropped, #WEGOUP became a top trend on Twitter. The surprise drop hit #1 on iTunes in 1 hour.