'

Music mogul JAY-Z‘s lawyers need a little color in a publicized $200 million Roc Nation logo arbitration case. New reports claim Young Hov is pumping the brakes on the dispute over a lack of appropriate representation.

According to reports, Young Hov’s legal muscle aren’t ready to meet a November deadline until a more suitable arbitration candidate is presented.

According to docs, obtained by TMZ, Jay-Z’s lawyers are requesting a restraining order that would put an immediate halt to the lawsuit Iconix Brand filed against him. In the docs, Jay-Z’s attorney, Alex Spiro of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, says they’ve been given a deadline of Nov. 30 to choose an arbitrator in the case, but the list of candidates they’ve been given is, quite frankly, too lily white. (TMZ)

To make things crazier, none of the hundreds of candidates were black.

In the docs, they say they initially got a list of 200 potential arbitrators, NONE of whom were African-American. After they complained, they got a new list of 6 arbitrators “of color,” but one of them is a partner at the law firm repping Iconix … a clear conflict of interest. Jay-Z’s team wants the restraining order so they can determine if the other candidates have similar conflicts. Bottom line … they need more time and more black arbitrators. (TMZ)

Back in May, a judge told JAY’s attorneys he would have to meet with the Securities and Exchange Commission and testify about his relationship with Iconix.

At a hearing Thursday afternoon, Judge Gardephe ruled that Carter — who is known professionally as Jay Z — can no longer avoid questioning by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Carter’s attorney and lawyers for the SEC agreed to a date of May 15 for the SEC’s deposition of Carter. Exactly how long for the deposition, as well as its location, was left to be determined between the parties. (WWD)

Earlier this year, U.S. District Judge Paul Gardephe noted how the SEC had tried multiple times to get a hold of JAY for a deposition.

He said Jay-Z’s testimony had been delayed five months as the singer fought the SEC’s request, beginning in January when his lawyer responded to a November subpoena for Jay-Z to be questioned in January by saying he could be interviewed by telephone. After a second subpoena in February called for a March deposition, Jay-Z’s lawyer offered to have his client submit to questions for two hours, the judge said. The lawyer later offered to expand the questioning to four hours, but criticized the SEC’s plans to question Jay-Z. (ABC 7 NY)