Hollywood actor Ice Cube is ready to breathe new life into a long-awaited movie sequel to 2002’s Friday After Next.
Cube went to Instagram last night (August 22) and said a Last Friday film could go down.
A couple days ago, Cube shut down rumors about a Friday sequel being in production.
In 2014, Friday actor Chris Tucker revealed an interest in having the iconic franchise return to the big screen.
“I’m actually trying to help [the studio] come up with some ideas and be a part of the producing process with Cube to see if we can come up with something, so that might happen,” Tucker said in an interview. “If I do a movie like Friday again it has to evolve. I evolved from Smokey when I was that age when I did that movie – from when I did Fifth Element or even the first Rush Hour. So, every character I look at now I’m like can I play it because where I am right now, because I pull a lot from real life. I put a lot of myself in the characters.” (“Sway In The Morning”)
Cube previously said the business side of the movie industry had slowed the flick’s progress.
“We just waiting on New Line to make a decision,” Cube revealed when asked about the flick’s delay. “New Line, Time Warner, they got to figure out if they want to make this movie. [What’s there to figure out?] Man, I don’t [know]. Can you call somebody over there? I don’t know what’s to figure out. It’s the movie everybody wants to see. It’s a no-brainer to me. I believe Chris Tucker’s in to doing it. So let’s do it.” (Sports Nation)