Grammy-winning singer Beyoncé Knowles-Carter has taken an unusual approach to addressing the publicized Jay Z/Solange fight by jumping onto Instagram.
According to reports, Bey posted up a photo of herself and Solange onto Instagram Wednesday (May 14).
In the first “response” of any kind since the blowout fight between Solange and Jay Z, Beyonce posted four photos of her with her sister to her Instagram page early Wednesday morning. Only one of the photos was captioned and it merely said, “good morning.” It’s curious … since Beyonce merely stood by and watched Solange go ballistic on Jay Z. Is she saying she’s taking Solange’s side in all this? Is she saying she supports her sister despite her being completely in the wrong? (TMZ)
Yesterday, reports claimed tensions allegedly boiled when Solange’s friends tried to use Jay’s name for access to last week’s Met Gala ceremony in New York.
Our source said Jay Z soon got wind of it and snapped at Solange, saying “don’t use my name.” The 27-year-old singer turned sullen and said she wanted to leave the party. On the way out, Jay Z said he’d be heading to Up & Down on W. 14th Street, where Rihanna was holding her own post-Met Ball bash, a second source said. Jay’s camp had called ahead of time to say he would be coming alone and “didn’t need extra security” because Beyonce wouldn’t be attending, the source said. (NY Daily News)
Solange allegedly came to Bey’s defense and questioned Jay’s intentions of attending a party by himself.
Apparently, that didn’t sit well with Solange. “She seemed drunk and irritated,” said a second source. “She said, ‘Why can’t you go home?’ and to Beyonce ‘Why does your husband need to go to the club right now?'” An incensed Jay Z didn’t back down. “You’re one to talk,” he replied, the source said. Jay’s response set Solange into a rage. Ultimately, the rapper decided against going to Rihanna’s party. (New York Daily News)
The hotel where the fight took place issued a statement on the incident earlier this week.
A publicist for the Standard Hotel has provided the following statement exclusively to theGrio: “We are shocked and disappointed that there was a clear breach of our security system and the confidentiality that we count on providing our guests. We are investigating with the utmost urgency the circumstances surrounding the situation and, as is our customary practice, will discipline and prosecute the individuals involved to our fullest capacity.” (theGrio)