New York rapper A$AP Rocky physical assault case just took a big turn. One of the men accused of putting hands on the rap star’s team will not be charged.
According to reports, prosecutors made the decision Monday and said the individual simply acted in self-defense.
The man involved in an altercation with A$AP Rocky that led to the rapper’s arrest and detainment in a Swedish jail will not be charged after he was “suspected of molestation and assault,” Swedish prosecutors announced Monday. Along with investigating the rapper, the Swedish Prosecution Authority also launched a preliminary investigation into two men who had been following Rocky prior to the incident. (Rolling Stone)
Despite footage appearing to show the man throwing headphones at Rocky’s camp, prosecutors didn’t feel charges would hold up in court.
“The person who filed the counter-notice repeatedly asks the other person to leave. When he refuses to leave, the other person first pushes him away and then takes a grip around the other person’s neck and lifts him away a few meters. In this situation, the person throws his headphones on the notifier,” said senior public prosecutor Daniel Suneson, the person in charge of the investigation, Monday in a news release. (LA Times)
The controversial case has even motivated President Donald Trump to get involved and recently announce he’s making power moves to try to get Rocky released.
Last week, reality TV star Kim Kardashian went to Twitter to publicly acknowledge Trump and his reported low-key aim to get Rocky released from Sweden law enforcement.