A screenshot has surfaced of Fif reacting to buzz about the bout allegedly getting confirmed.
A few hours ago, McGregor and Mayweather went at each other’s necks on social media.
Hours prior, Floyd sparked headlines after announcing he had no immediate fight plans in the books.
Last month, Money Mayweather expressed his interest in facing off against Conor.
In a program called “An Experience with ‘The Notorious’ Conor McGregor,” the UFC champion sat down for a wide-ranging interview with MMAFighting.com’s Ariel Helwani in front of a live audience both in person and online, and he addressed questions about his past, his present and whether his future will include a fight with Mayweather. “That fight is being more than explored. That fight has been in the works for a while now,” McGregor said. “It’s a fight the people want. It’s the fight I want.” “The fans want this fight. The fans have been asking for this fight,” Mayweather said later Saturday. “It’s all about entertainment. He’s very entertaining. He’s very outspoken like myself. So let’s give the fans what they want to see.” (ESPN)
Floyd Mayweather, in a Showtime interview, says a fight with MMA’s Conor McGregor “can happen” and would want it at 147-150 pounds.
— Mike Cranston (@MikeCranston1) January 29, 2017