Young Money Publicist Confirms Lil Wayne’s Seizure Reports

Young Money Publicist Confirms Lil Wayne’s Seizure Reports

A Young Money publicist has reportedly confirmed rap star Lil Wayne suffered a seizure heading into the weekend despite claims of him being well.

According to publicist Sarah Cunningham, Weezy F. Baby did experience a medical complication in Los Angeles Friday (March 15).

Sarah Cunningham, a publicist with the Young Money record label, acknowledged that Lil Wayne had a seizure. The public relations department at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the Los Angeles hospital where the rapper is reportedly being treated, did not confirm or deny that Lil Wayne is there, per its policy. The rapper’s independent publicist, Kia Selby, said only, “Lil Wayne is doing well.” She strongly denied reports he was in a medically induced coma, as reported by TMZ. (CNN)

After reports of Wayne being in critical condition and on the verge of dying surfaced late last night (March 15), Young Money president Mack Maine publicly spoke out.

“Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game…thanks for the prayers and concern..he will update you all soon. #love,” he tweeted March 15th.

“We will be releasing an official statement shortly but dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe…that’s false!!”

“@TMZ it’s certain sh*t you should not talk about or play with if u don’t kno what u talking bout….don’t deceive the fans or the people”

“@TMZ and definitely don’t try to kill a man before his time….so from the bottom of my soul and on behalf of my fam……F*CK YOU” (Mack Maine’s Twitter)

Wayne eventually hopped onto his Twitter to thank fans for their support and also revealed his status.

“I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.,” Wayne tweeted Friday (March 15) night. (Lil Wayne’s Twitter)

Yesterday, reports claimed he suffered a serious seizure and had a slim chance to survive.

Lil Wayne is in ICU in critical condition after suffering yet another seizure, and we’re told it doesn’t look good … TMZ has learned. We broke the story … the 30-year-old rapper was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. Tuesday night after suffering multiple seizures. He was released Wednesday but just hours later one of his bodyguards found him in his room, on the floor and unconscious. Wayne was rushed to the hospital again, but this time he did not stabilize. He was taken to ICU, where he was placed in restraints because he was shaking uncontrollably. UPDATE: 5:16 PM PT — We’re told Wayne is being prepared for his last rites … with his family surrounding him to say their goodbyes. Wayne’s mother is currently on a plane flying to Los Angeles — and we’re told all major decisions about Wayne’s health (including the decision to discontinue life support) will not be made until she arrives. (TMZ)

Also On The Web