Atlanta rappers Waka Flocka Flame and Gucci Mane are coming together to help bid a final farewell to late rapper Slim Dunkin by covering tomorrow’s funeral costs.
According to reports, Dunkin’s funeral will be held in an Atlanta church this Friday (December 23).
Waka Flocka Flame and Gucci Mane are throwing down big $$$ to cover funeral expenses for a fellow Atlanta rapper — who was brutally gunned down last week — lavishing their fallen comrade with elaborate memorial arrangements. Rapper Slim Dunkin (center) — real name Mario Hamilton — was shot and killed Friday night inside an Atlanta recording studio … after a verbal altercation with an unidentified man turned deadly. Now, a rep for Waka and Gucci tells TMZ, the rappers are pooling their assets to ensure Slim is laid to rest in the best way possible … with an elaborate funeral that includes a white horse-drawn carriage, massive white floral arrangements, and a white dove release ceremony. We’re told Slim’s family will cover some funeral costs — but Waka and Gucci are paying for the lion’s share. The funeral is scheduled to take place Friday morning at 11am at Berean Christian Church in Atlanta. (TMZ)
Over the weekend, Waka Flocka gave an emotional reaction to losing a close friend and Brick Squad Monopoly group member.
“WISH IT WAS ME … MY F*CKING RIGHT HAND IS GONE,” Waka tweeted December 17th.
“Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them. #REALSH*T #F*CKDAWORLD”
“‘Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.'” (Waka Flocka Flame’s Twitter)
Yesterday, reports hit the Internet claiming Dunkin was fatally shot over a candy dispute.
Police claim that rapper Slim Dunkin, real name, Mario Hamilton was killed after having a fight over a small piece of candy. According to news reports, Slim Dunkin grabbed a piece of candy out of a man’s hand which led to a fight, which in turn led to the shooting. Slim Dunkin was affiliated with popular rappers, Waka Flocka Flame and Gucci Mane. Police say they believe a fight over candy preceded the slaying of an Atlanta rapper over the weekend. “This fight spilled out into this area where he was attacked. Based on the evidence we have, whoever he was fighting with secured a weapon and shot him,” Detective David Quinn of the Atlanta Police Department said. (News One)
Dunkin’s Friday night death was initially confirmed by Atlanta police.
Another rapper has lost his life because of a gun violence. Slim Dunkin, a 24-year-old MC who was featured heavily on Waka Flocka Flame’s mixtapes, was pronounced dead at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia on Friday, December 16 after being gunned down at a recording studio. Maj. Keith Meadows of the Atlanta Police Department confirmed to The Associated Press that the Brick Squad Monopoly rapper was fatally shot in the chest at around 5:30 P.M. after he got involved in a verbal altercation with another individual. “It appears the victim was scheduled to do a photo shoot,” he first stated. (Ace Showbiz)
Check out a recent Waka Flocka Flame interview below: