Usher Takes Down Ex-Wife Tameka Foster In Child Custody Battle

Usher Takes Down Ex-Wife Tameka Foster In Child Custody Battle

Grammy-winning singer Usher has defeated ex-wife Tameka Foster in their publicized child custody battle and has won sole custody of their two sons.

Reports of Usher’s court win surfaced online late Friday (August 24) evening.

Usher has been awarded primary custody and joint legal custody of his two sons with Tameka Foster Raymond, bringing to an end a bitter custody battle that has raged since the couple separated in 2008. The new custody arrangement for Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd Ely Raymond, 3, will begin Sept. 1, a court clerk said Friday in Atlanta. (Los Angeles Times)

Foster reportedly took aim at Usher’s work demands and inability to properly care for their two sons.

Foster, who was fighting to retain joint custody and have her monthly support payments increased, had claimed that R&B singer was too busy traveling to care for the children. Usher’s lawyers said earlier this month that Foster was “incapable of being a proper parent” to the boys, adding that she “does not have the emotional stability to or capacity to bond with them, and therefore she is handicapped.” (Huffington Post)

During the court battle, Usher accused Foster of getting herself involved in his personal romance life.

The decision comes just days after the same judge ordered Usher to reopen his ex-wife’s credit card account at designer store Saks Fifth Avenue after closing it last year – and also pay out for his ex’s nanny bills. During the court battle, Usher accused his ex of attacking his girlfriend, while Foster’s lawyer brought the singer to tears by questioning him about his abilities as a father. The “Yeah!” hitmaker also claimed Foster had tried to interfere with his visitation hours as outlined in a prior agreement, prompting him to seek sole custody of his sons. (SF Gate)

This all comes weeks after Foster laid her 11 year-old son Kile Glover to rest.

Usher’s 11-year-old stepson — who tragically died last week after a jet ski accident — has been laid to rest following his funeral today. According to sources, Glover was riding in an inner tube on Georgia’s Lake Lanier July 6th when he was struck in the head by a passing jet ski. He was unresponsive when taken out of the water. Kyle’s funeral was held in Atlanta this morning. He was laid to rest in a nearby cemetery. (TMZ)

Also On The Web