UPDATE: Usher’s 11 Year-Old Stepson Dies From Heart Failure

UPDATE: Usher’s 11 Year-Old Stepson Dies From Heart Failure

R&B star Usher lost a loved one over the weekend when his 11 year-old stepson Kile Glover was taken off life support weeks after getting into a horrific jet ski accident.

According to reports, Glover experienced heart failure after the family pulled him off life support.

Kile Glover, stepson of singer Usher Raymond and biological child of ex-wife Tameka Foster Raymond, died Saturday morning (July 21), according to Channel 2 Action News. Kile was taken off of life support Saturday morning and died from heart failure according to a family friend, weeks after the 11-year-old was involved in a tragic Jet Ski accident. Kile was declared brain dead two days after the July 6 accident, and the family struggled with the decision to remove him from life support hoping for a turn in his condition. (MTV)

Glover’s tragic accident took place in early July during a Georgia family outing.

Usher’s celebrity pals showed an outpour of support on Twitter following the singer’s terrible tragedy this past weekend. The singer’s 11-year-old stepson Kyle Glover has been declared brain dead after he and a 15-year-old gal pal were admitted to a hospital following a boating accident Friday. The pair were floating on inner tubes in Georgia’s Lake Lanier Friday when a Jet Ski struck the two youngsters. Glover, whose mother is Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Foster, was reportedly struck in the head and was knocked unconscious, according to Department of Natural Resources Sergeant Mike Burgamy. (New York Daily News)

Officials claimed there were no immediate signs of foul play which contributed to the crash.

The Georgia Department of Natural Resources said alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the incident, which happened near Holiday Marina. The DNR didn’t release the names of those involved in the incident, but the DNR said the man on the jetski was part of the same group that the children were in. DNR rangers at the lake pulled the teenage girl from the water Friday afternoon, Sgt. Mike Bergamy said. Good Samaritans in a nearby boat pulled the boy from the water, Bergamy said. (Atlanta Black Star)

An active investigation on what caused the accident started following the hospitalization.

Robin Hill, a rep for the Department of Natural Resources (Wildlife Resources Division), tells TMZ the department’s Critical Incident Response Team will recreate the accident on the lake to help determine what happened. Using special computer programs, they will attempt to figure out how fast the boats were going at the time of the accident. Hill says that rangers have been in touch with the driver of the jet ski and remain in contact with him. Once the department completes their investigation, they will turn their recommendation over to the district attorney who would then decide whether or not to file charges. (TMZ)

Also On The Web