Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne is reportedly in critical condition after suffering multiple seizures earlier this week in Los Angeles.
According to reports, the Young Money leader is fighting for his life.
Lil Wayne is in ICU in critical condition after suffering yet another seizure, and we’re told it doesn’t look good … TMZ has learned. We broke the story … the 30-year-old rapper was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. Tuesday night after suffering multiple seizures. He was released Wednesday but just hours later one of his bodyguards found him in his room, on the floor and unconscious. Wayne was rushed to the hospital again, but this time he did not stabilize. He was taken to ICU, where he was placed in restraints because he was shaking uncontrollably. (TMZ)
The latest reports claim the 30 year-old rap star will likely not survive.
UPDATE: 5:16 PM PT — We’re told Wayne is being prepared for his last rites … with his family surrounding him to say their goodbyes. Wayne’s mother is currently on a plane flying to Los Angeles — and we’re told all major decisions about Wayne’s health (including the decision to discontinue life support) will not be made until she arrives. (TMZ)
Despite the life-ending reports, Young Money president Mack Maine has assured fans Wayne is not going anywhere.
“Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game…thanks for the prayers and concern..he will update you all soon. #love,” he tweeted March 15th.
“We will be releasing an official statement shortly but dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe…that’s false!!”
“@TMZ it’s certain sh*t you should not talk about or play with if u don’t kno what u talking bout….don’t deceive the fans or the people”
“@TMZ and definitely don’t try to kill a man before his time….so from the bottom of my soul and on behalf of my fam……F*CK YOU” (Mack Maine’s Twitter)
Earlier this week, the rap star was taken to a hospital after suffering medical complications.
Lil Wayne was shooting a music video for Nicki Minaj’s new single, High School, in Los Angeles earlier this week when he suffered seizures, reports TMZ. He was taken to Cedars-Sinai hospital late Tuesday night and released early Wednesday morning. His reps have not responded to USA TODAY’s requests for comment. It isn’t the first time the rapper, 30, has had seizures. He had two in October on separate airplane trips. In November, he told MTV that doctors had put him on seizure medication and told him to drink four bottles of water a day. “I ain’t drinking four water bottles, but everything’s good,” he said at the time. (USA Today)
Coincidentally, Wayne is hospitalized at the same hospital Kanye West had his broken jaw worked on and where the late Notorious B.I.G. passed away.
Immediately after the shooting, the Notorious B.I.G. was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital, where doctors performed an emergency thoracotomy to no avail. Wallace was pronounced dead shortly thereafter. All four gunshots traveled through the Suburban passenger door before striking Wallace; two were found on the gurney that transported him to the hospital. (The Hollywood Gossip)
UPDATE: 9:30 PM EST:
The platinum-selling hip-hop star has provided an update to concerned fans over Twitter.
“I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.,” Wayne tweeted Friday (March 15) night. (Lil Wayne’s Twitter)