UPDATE: Lil Wayne Finally Released From ICU, Mack Maine Addresses Tweet Controversy

UPDATE: Lil Wayne Finally Released From ICU, Mack Maine Addresses Tweet Controversy

Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne has reportedly been released from Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s intensive care unit nearly a week after being hospitalized.

According to the most recent reports, Wayne is back on his feet and no longer needs minute-to-minute supervision.

TMZ reports that Wayne’s doctors determined that his condition had stabilized, allowing the 30-year-old rapper to be moved out of the intensive care unit and into a regular room at the hospital. Sources tell the website that he no longer needs the intense, 24/7 treatment he’d been receiving since suffering a series of frightening seizures after a suspected codeine overdose from his abuse of “sizzurp,” a mixture of cough syrup and alcohol. The new report indicates that Wayne has been walking around the floor of the hospital on his own, though accompanied by a security team. TMZ also reports that he’s now eating on his own again, adding that he could possibly be discharged from the hospital in the near future. (Hollywood Life)

Young Money president Mack Maine has also confirmed Weezy has left intensive care.

“He’s in the hospital regularly, [not ICU],” he said. “I can’t really give a comment on his situation right now ‘cus we’re not really sure, we’re just standing by him right now. Like I said, he’s in recovery as far as we know, so we’re just sitting back, just waiting until he’s come fully recovered before we can give a statement.” (XXL Mag)

He also addressed online stirs about Wayne possibly not being responsible for a Twitter post from his page last week.

Mack could not confirm whether it was actually Lil Wayne who Tweeted, “I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.” He said that he was not with Wayne at the time that the Tweet was published, and it could have been published by someone in his camp or a fan. “That Tweet [that he sent out on Friday] wasn’t sent out on that same phone line,” he revealed. “I’m not sure if he Tweeted that or not. I wasn’t with him at the present moment. One of his fans could have Tweeted that, I’m not really sure where that came from.” (XXL Mag)

Hours prior, reports suggested Weezy had not left ICU entering his sixth day.

Lil Wayne is still in rough shape … and remains in the intensive care unit at an L.A. hospital 6 days after being admitted for seizures stemming from a suspected drug overdose … TMZ has learned. Sources tell us … Wayne’s condition has not improved enough to be moved out of the ICU … and he continues to be monitored very closely by staff at L.A..’s Cedars-Sinai hospital. We know Wayne has been surrounded by friends and family since he was admitted to the ICU this past Wednesday … and we’re told the mood around Wayne’s bedside has been very serious. (TMZ)