Snoop Dogg Beatdown Victim Inks Book, “I’m Just Telling The Real Story”

Snoop Dogg Beatdown Victim Inks Book, “I’m Just Telling The Real Story”

The man who recently sued Snoop Dogg for $22 million over an alleged assault at a Seattle concert has announced plans to release a book detailing the event.

Despite winning over $400,000 in damages, Richard Monroe Jr. has decided to prepare Four Tickets to Snoop, Please: The Richard Monroe Story for the public to see.

“I’m just telling the real story,” Monroe said in an interview. “Even though we won some money, there’s more I feel about it. There’s more to that about Rick Monroe…The jury said, ‘We knew from Day 1 that you were going to win, we just had to put an amount on it…I guess I’m considered ‘hood-rich here right now. I’m a celebrity here…Snoop as a person, as Calvin Broadus, is a really good man…I’m talking about the feeling of seeing my favorite artist…I gotta tell you, when I saw him in court, I smiled.” (Seattle PI)

Snoop’s costly trial came to an end last week.

The rapper wasn’t in court Friday (May 8) when the jury’s verdict cleared him of civil assault and battery claims. The jury did find that Richard Monroe Jr. suffered serious injuries during the concert and awarded him $449,400 in damages to be paid by a record label, another performer and others involved in the concert. The damages awarded were substantially lower than the $22 million Monroe sought when he sued the rapper in 2006 and jurors found that Snoop doesn’t personally owe Monroe anything. (Associated Press)

With nearly two weeks of testifying, Snoop described what happened during the incident which allegedly involved The Game.

Snoop, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, said that he feared for his life when Monroe, who’s suing the rapper for $22 million, hopped on-stage–only to be swarmed by Snoop’s bodyguards and other rappers, including fellow Los Angeles-area native The Game. He has no idea who hit Monroe, Snoop said, adding that he only witnessed the fight for a moment before his security team whisked him to safety. He once considered suing Monroe for attacking him, he said. (E! Online)

The rapper also claimed he was assaulted while performing at the venue in 2005.

Snoop is on the stand, and said he was the one who was attacked — and thought about suing Monroe. He says a medic came to the bus to check on his hand — and reiterated that he never hit Monroe with the microphone. Snoop says he’s positive he didn’t invite Monroe onstage. He said he never invites people on stage except backup dancers. (TMZ)

A release date for the upcoming book has not yet been released.



sdotsamuel
Also On The Web