After an initial denial courtesy of Slaughterhouse’s Royce Da 5’9, the four-member crew have come forward to confirm plans to launch a new reality television show called “The Road To Total Slaughter.”
According to Royce, fans can expect some serious battle raps going down on the forthcoming series.
The Shady Records crew explained that the new show will pit eight battle rappers against one another, in a bracket style competition, with four rappers on each side. Slaughterhouse will both judge and produce the show. “The winner of each side will co-headline the main event, [with] two legends in the battle game,” Royce said. “It’s probably the biggest battle you can put on right now, on behalf of Shady Records, Shady TV and Slaughterhouse.” (MTV)
Fellow group member Joe Budden also spoke on the unexpected project.
Joe Budden added that the concept came about organically. “Battle rap is the talk in every street and every barber shop. People are really engulfed and seem to be in tune with what these young brothers have to say in the lyrics they’re putting out there.” (MTV)
Royce hopped onto his Twitter page earlier this month to deny rumors of a battle rap show going down.
“Don’t believe any battle show rumors until you hear it from us…. #SHADY @JoeBudden @JoellOrtiz @CrookedIntriago,” Royce tweeted January 16. (Royce Da 5’9’s Twitter)
Hip-hop personality Jack Thriller appeared to initially break the news but shortly deleted his Instagram post.
Eminem may be taking battle rap from the streets and to the small screen. Comedian Jack Thriller took to his Instagram on Thursday and said Marshall Mathers asked him to host the show: “Shoutout to my big brother SLIM SHADY for hitting me up last night and making me the new host of his battle rap reality show JACKTHRILLER.COM WORDS CANT EXPLAIN THE JOY IN MY HEART @uwbattleleague @unclevinrock #doglife #thrillergang #superstarsh*t,” he wrote under a photo of him and Slim. (VIBE)
Now show us your bike life! Get at us on Instagram with #sohhpix