Rick Ross Finally Breaks Silence On Shooting [Video]

Rick Ross Finally Breaks Silence On Shooting [Video]

Maybach Music Group leader Rick Ross has finally stepped forward to address his well-being weeks after nearly losing his life from gunfire and wrecking a Rolls-Royce in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Although quick and to the point, Ross did admit he will now exercise more caution but still live his life the way he wants.

“Not at all, not at all,” Ross said when asked if there were any new developments since last month’s shooting. “No suspects and we’re not here to speculate on any suspects. I’m just staying positive, I’m moving forward and I’m just staying on top of my game. MMG. We got the biggest releases of the year, this year, coming. That’s my focus and I’m here — you most definitely got to make some adjustments [to your security] but at the same time, I’m gonna live my life and do what I love to do and that’s make music.” (MTV)

A couple days prior, Ross gave paparazzi the silent treatment after getting spotted on the streets of Los Angeles and asked about what went down.

Rick Ross is laughing in the face of mortal danger — stepping out in L.A. Thursday with a big smile and a fat cigar … oblivious to the fact that someone may be trying to kill him. You may recall … Ross crashed his Rolls-Royce in Ft. Lauderdale January 28 after someone fired dozens of shots at his car. Ross and his passenger weren’t hurt — but it’s pretty obvious someone’s got it out for him … possibly a gang. When we shot this video of Ross leaving a Bev Hills restaurant … he made it very clear he has no fear. It’s the first time Ross has been seen out in public since the day of the shooting. (TMZ)

Recently, MMG member Wale spoke out for Ross in light of the explosive attention the media and fans alike paid him following the near-fatal incident.

“I think the whole thing’s been blown up,” Wale said about Ross’ shooting. “I think the media, you know, is perpetuating a lot of things, God forbid something happen to anybody then they’re going to be playing people’s records all day and acting like [they cared]. … It’s a joke to y’all because you see somebody on TV everyday but what if that’s your friend, ’cause that’s my friend. I was talking to him last night about the football game so what y’all think is a joke, that’s somebody’s health. I know his children. You know what I’m saying? God forbid something happens — and I just lost one of my brothers so I don’t even play around with that stuff.” (“Streez Morning Grind”)

Shortly after the shooting occurred, reports surfaced and claimed the “Boss” hired 24-hour security.

After narrowly escaping bullets from a drive-by shooting in Ft. Lauderdale, the rapper has hired armed personal bodyguards to protect him 24/7! Rick Ross was the target of a drive-by shooting outside Miami on Jan. 28, and he ended up crashing his Rolls-Royce to escape the gunfire. Even though the shooter has not been identified, the rapper had been threatened by a street ganga called Gangsta Disciples for weeks before the dangerous attack. As a hip-hop artist, Rick had armed security for big events such as concerts and public appearances, but in the wake of the drive-by shooting, he has decided to have armed bodyguards 24/7. (Hollywood Life)

Check out Rick Ross’ interview:

Get More: Music News



sdotsamuel
Also On The Web