Nappy Roots Address Ex-Member’s Publicized Fight W/ Cops: “The Police Literally Tried To Kill Him”

Nappy Roots Address Ex-Member’s Publicized Fight W/ Cops: “The Police Literally Tried To Kill Him”

With buzz stirring across the Internet of rapper R. Prophet being arrested after a messy altercation with Kentucky police last weekend, Nappy Roots group member Buffalo Stille hit up SOHH to speak on his former comrade’s woes.

Despite not being in the group for roughly seven years, Stille said he still considers Prophet part of the Nappy Roots family and revealed chatting with him regarding what went down last weekend.

“I haven’t talked to R. Prophet in a really long time and it was good to speak to him today,” Stille told SOHH via the group’s publicist Jonathan Hay. “He told me the police literally tried to kill him. It’s crazy and we really feel for him. Even though we aren’t together in the group anymore, he’s still our brother and everybody in Nappy cares for him.” (SOHH)

According to reports, the altercation all took place on Saturday (April 20).

A founding member of the hip-hop group Nappy Roots is facing felony charges after an alleged altercation with Kentucky State Police. Kenneth Anthony, 35, is known as R. Prophet. State police said Anthony was a passenger in a vehicle stopped at a DUI checkpoint in Elizabethtown early Saturday morning. “He was not placed under arrest. He was allowed to stand over on the side while they continued the traffic checkpoint to call someone to come pick him up,” said KSP Trooper Norm Chaffins. (WLKY News)

Police reportedly attacked Prophet after he decided to not cooperate.

Police say Anthony refused to obey orders to stay on the side of the road and became “very aggressive and combative” with officers … so they tased him. Cops say Anthony continued to fight — so they took him to the ground — then tased him several more times before handcuffing him. But it didn’t end there — Anthony was put inside the cruiser, when cops say he kicked out the back window … and was then tased AGAIN … as well as pepper sprayed. (TMZ)

He reportedly was released the following day on a $5,000 bond, but not before receiving treatment for his injuries.

Troopers were able to subdue him with a Taser and then transported him to Hardin Memorial Hospital where he was treated and released. Anthony is charged with alcohol intoxication, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, menacing and assault on a police officer. (WAVE News)

Also On The Web