Lupe Fiasco Detained At LAX Airport, “Officer Was Just Doing Too Much”

Lupe Fiasco Detained At LAX Airport, “Officer Was Just Doing Too Much”

Grammy-winning rapper Lupe Fiasco ran into some trouble at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) this week leading to a brief detainment.

Fiasco unleashed the details on what went down Thursday (November 17) prior to getting on his flight.

“WOW…Fresh outta handcuffs @ LAX #SMFH #WTF,” he tweeted November 17th.

“And @FNFANT free too!!! Shout to all the good airport cops and TSA folks…don’t let the bad apples spoil the bunch!!”

“Airport PD officer was just doing way too much…Even OD’d on TSA…let the arrest get before the CHARGES. We good tho…#TimeForPrivateJets”

“Just ONE airport cop though the other SIX were cool. This is most CERTAINLY going into a rap!” (Lupe Fiasco’s Twitter)

Reports claim Fiasco was en route to a Rhode Island concert.

Rapper Lupe Fiasco has hit out at authorities at Los Angeles International Airport after he was handcuffed and questioned about his carry-on luggage on Thursday. The “Superstar” hitmaker, real name Wasalu Muhammad Jaco, was preparing to catch a flight to Rhode Island when he was stopped by security guards and quizzed over a piece of technical equipment he was reportedly banned from taking onboard the plane. (WENN)

Despite the incident, Lupe still made it to his Kingston, Rhode Island show.

Last night Grammy-winning hip-hop artist Lupe Fiasco played the Ryan Center to a crowd of roughly 4,000 people. Lupe, whose birthname is Wasalu Jaco, played a double set and had the crowd rocking from the start. He performed a mix of his hits and lesser-known songs and the crowd loved them all. He closed with his most recent hit, The Show Goes On, and received a standing ovation afterwards. Young Marqus and the New Boyz opened the show and brought the crowd into it. (South Kingston)

LAX is known for being the crime scene of various celebrity arrests including rap star Kanye West‘s 2008 scuffle with a photographer and retired boxing champion Mike Tyson‘s 2009 arrest.

We’re told Tyson was at a ticket counter at the United Airlines terminal when the incident occurred. The photographer got punched in the face, hit the ground, got up and began walking, leaving a trail of blood. An LAPD spokesperson said the photographer suffered a minor laceration to the forehead. Someone at the scene tells TMZ … the photographer got very close to Tyson before the boxer struck him. Our guy on the scene says there’s blood on the ground and Mike was taken away in a squad car. We’re told an ambulance was dispatched at 4:39 PM to LAX — we’re told the paparazzo was transported to a local hospital. UPDATE: Tyson’s rep says he was traveling with his 10-month old daughter when he was attacked by an overly aggressive paparazzi — adding the boxer acted in self-defense to protect his child. (TMZ)

Check out some recent Lupe Fiasco footage down below:

Also On The Web