Grammy-winning rapper Ludacris has updated fans on the status of the follow-up album to 2010’s Batlle of the Sexes and said the new solo project will drop before the end of the year.
While brief with his details, Luda promised production from The Neptunes.
Ludacris is prepping his eighth studio album, ‘Ludaversal,’ for a late 2011 release. During a visit to 102.7 KIIS FM’s Ryan Seacrest morning show on Tuesday (March 29), the Atlanta rapper confirmed that fans could expect a follow up to 2010’s ‘Battle of the Sexes’ later this year. “I’m just getting started on it, so hopefully by the end of this year,” Luda explained. The anticipated album will include production from the Neptunes. Besides the beatmaking duo of Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo, the ‘My Chick Bad’ performer declined to reveal more details. (The Boom Box)
Last March, Luda said the LP would hit retail stores no later than early 2011.
“It’s not confirmed as of yet. I’m still waiting on a script, but I’ve been told that they’re working on all of that,” Luda said about Fast & The Furious 5. “Details are sketchy but its called Ludaversal. You’ll probably have it at the end of 2010 or somewhere at the beginning of 2011.” (Honey Mag)
In summer 2009, Luda cleared up rumors surrounding the upcoming album’s title.
“It must be the biggest rumor in the world,” Luda said about his next album being called Cineplex. “It’s just really frustrating when somebody puts a rumor out and everyone goes with it. I never remotely said anything about something called Cineplex. Dead that sh*t. It’s Ludaversal. That’s what comes after Battle of the Sexes.” (Rap-Up)
Luda’s Battle of the Sexes album debuted atop the sales chart last year.
Grammy-winning rapper Ludacris’ Battle of the Sexes made its way onto the charts this week opening at No. 1. According to Nielsen Soundscan, the Southern emcee’s compilation disc has sold 137,300 records after seven days in stores. (SOHH Sales Wrap)
Check out some recent Ludacris footage down below: