Music icon LL Cool J will not have to worry about getting handcuffed after laying a beatdown on a 56 year-old homeless man who broke into his Los Angeles home earlier this week.
According to reports, LL does not have any criminal charges coming his way.
He kicks major butt on NCIS: Los Angeles, but did LL Cool J go too far in busting up a would-be burglar? For those few who think the “Mama Said Knock You Out” MC might have gone a little too far in his response, Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office, tells E! News that of course he won’t be charged. “He’s the victim, not the perpetrator,” Robison said. (E! Online)
Specific details of the injuries LL dished out surfaced online Thursday (August 23).
A man charged with breaking into LL Cool J’s home Wednesday morning faces a long prison sentence if convicted because of his previous convictions, the prosecutor’s spokeswoman said Thursday. Jonathan Kirby, 56, suffered a broken nose, jaw and ribs when he encountered the muscular rapper-actor inside his Sherman Oaks, Caklifornia, home, according to Los Angeles County District Attorney spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons. (CNN)
The burglar could reportedly face nearly 40 years behind bars for his crime.
Jonathan Kirby, 56, was charged with residential burglary with a person present, which in combination with his criminal history could result in significant prison time. Kirby, who is facing his third strike or serious or violent felony, faces a possible maximum sentence of 38 years in state prison. (Los Angeles Times)
LL’s representative released a statement on the robbery attempt’s aftermath a day prior.
“LL Cool J, and his family, are safe and thank everyone for their thoughts and concern. As a father, husband and citizen, he is committed to keeping his family safe and is cooperating with authorities on this private matter,” a representative for Smith said Wednesday. (ABC News)