Lil Wayne Hospitalized In Los Angeles

Lil Wayne Hospitalized In Los Angeles

Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne reportedly worked up a scare this week as new reports claim he was hospitalized in Los Angeles a few days ago over medical complications.

Details on Weezy F. Baby’s medical condition and reported multiple seizure attacks surfaced online Thursday (March 14).

Lil Wayne was hospitalized this week in L.A. following what appeared to be multiple seizures … TMZ has learned. Sources close to the rapper tell us, Wayne suffered the seizures Tuesday night after shooting a music video in L.A. and was subsequently taken to Cedars-Sinai hospital. Weezy was released several hours later, early Wednesday morning. We’re told he’s doing much better now. It’s not the rapper’s first encounter with seizures either — TMZ broke the story … Wayne suffered two seizures on board separate airplanes last October. Lil Wayne later acknowledged he’d been prescribed seizure medication by his doc. (TMZ)

Back in October, Wayne’s camp spoke out on the Young Money leader enduring multiple hospital stays.

Lil Wayne isn’t having his best day, but MTV News has been assured that the multiplatinum rap star is on the road to recovery despite reports that he suffered two seizures in as many days. On Friday afternoon, TMZ reported that Wayne was hospitalized after suffering a second seizure, this time in Louisiana. Team Weezy tells MTV News that the reports are exaggerated and maintains that he has had no seizures and that the rapper is at home in Louisiana on the mend, again after suffering a migraine. There is no time frame on when Wayne will return to work, but he already canceled a Saturday appearance at the Jefferson Mall in Louisville, Kentucky, in support of his TrukFit clothing line, but we’re told he will reschedule. (MTV)

Earlier the same day, reports claimed Wayne suffered a second medical complication within 24 hours.

Lil Wayne is about to be released from a Louisiana hospital … after suffering ANOTHER seizure on board an airplane … his 2nd seizure in 24 hours … TMZ has learned. Weezy was on board a flight from Texas to LAX — when he began to convulse. We’re told the flight was immediately diverted to Louisiana … and Wayne was admitted to a local hospital for treatment. (TMZ)

His management had also issued a statement to address what went down with Weezy.

“Lil Wayne was successfully released from the hospital after being treated for a severe migraine and dehydration. He is at home on doctor mandated rest and will return to work soon. He appreciates all of his fans for their support and love.” (Statement)

Also On The Web