Lil Kim B-Day Bash Murderer Sentenced To 20 Years To Life

Lil Kim B-Day Bash Murderer Sentenced To 20 Years To Life

A former New York City nightclub employee has been sentenced to 20 years to life for murdering a woman on the rooftop of a venue during Lil Kim‘s 2008 birthday celebration.

The sentencing took place in a Manhattan court room Tuesday (April 6).

Over 30 friends and family of Ingrid Rivera filled the Manhattan criminal court room to witness the sentencing of Syed Rahman, the man accused of killing her on the night of Aug. 5, 2008. “Me and Ingrid were raised together so to me she was my sister,” said Andrea Rodriguez, the victim’s cousin. “My kids are in therapy now, in counseling, because they can’t cope with her loss.” Before sentencing, Rivera’s mother told the judge the family tries to console themselves by looking at pictures of Rivera when she was happy. They brought a blowup of a photo to court of her swimming with dolphins. And then the judge sentenced her killer, Rahman, 20 years to life. (WBCS TV)

Rahman also expressed his sorrow to the Rivera family.

A former Times Square karaoke bar worker has apologized to relatives of a patron he killed on the roof while the club threw a party marking Lil’ Kim’s birthday. Syed Rahman (Sih-EED’ RAHK’-mahn) told Ingrid Rivera’s family in a Manhattan court Tuesday he knew he had caused “a tremendous amount of pain and suffering.” The 26 year-old was sentenced Tuesday to 20 years to life in prison. (WCAX News)

Last February, Rahman pleaded guilty to the murder charge.

An employee at a Times Square karaoke club pleaded guilty Tuesday to beating a patron to death on the roof of the venue while a birthday celebration for rapper Lil’ Kim was underway. Prosecutors charge Syed Rahman attacked 24-year-old Ingrid Rivera with a steel pipe and slashed her throat during the party at Spotlight Live. (WPIX)

Reports suggested Rivera was kicked out of Lil Kim’s birthday bash in 2008 for being too intoxicated.

Cops said Rahman, 24, helped get the 24 year-old Queens woman back into the since-shuttered Spotlight Live after she’d been tossed out for being too drunk. He lured her up to the roof by asked her to “come take a walk with me.” Then he “savagely and viciously” bludgeoned her with a steel pipe after she rejected his advances. He slashed her throat and left her lying in a pool of blood on the roof, authorities said. Her body was discovered two days later. (New York Post)

No further information has been provided as of now.

Also On The Web