Less Than 24 Hours After Release, Gucci Mane’s Back Behind Bars

Less Than 24 Hours After Release, Gucci Mane’s Back Behind Bars

Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane is reportedly back behind bars after being released yesterday (April 12) on charges related to a probation violation.

Reports of the hit-making rapper’s latest legal woe sprouted online Saturday (April 13).

Gucci Mane wastes no time … He’s back behind bars — exactly ONE DAY after being released from jail — TMZ has learned. Mane was locked up on March 26 after allegedly assaulting a man with a bottle in an Atlanta nightclub. A judge initially denied the rapper bail. The judge then softened and two days ago set bail at $75,000. Good news for Mane — he was sprung from the pokey yesterday. Bad news for Mane — he was re-arrested today for a probation violation. Sorta good news for Mane — we hear Saturday is movie night in the pokey. UPDATE: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ that the probation violation is totally unrelated to the recent assault arrest. (TMZ)

According to reports, a judge placed him on a $75,000 bond entering the weekend for charges in another case.

Gucci Mane was recently charged with aggravated assault for an incident at an Atlanta nightclub, after hitting a fan who turned out to be a solider. Now the rapper is being held on a $75,000 bond after a judge initially denied last it month. Fox reports that according to Gucci’s attorney, Drew Findling, Big Guwop (born Radric Davis) plans to post bond in Fulton County. He will then be moved to DeKalb County where Gucci has a hold placed on him because of a because of his probation for an unrelated misdemeanor charge. (RapFix)

A few days ago, the rapper was officially indicted on an assault accusation.

Rapper Gucci Mane was indicted on one count of aggravated assault Tuesday, according to Channel 2 Action News. Gucci Mane, whose real name is Radric Davis, is accused of hitting a soldier in the head with a champagne bottle at Harlem Nights club on Courtland Street in Atlanta in March. The victim told Channel 2 that Davis hit him in the head while he was trying to talk to a security guard. “I’m in the military. I wanted to get a picture with Gucci Mane, is it OK?” the soldier said he asked the guard. The alleged victim was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital and said he received 10 stitches. Davis was arrested in late March. (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

In late March, Gucci had his bail denied, forcing him to remain behind bars through April.

Rapper Gucci Mane was jailed in Georgia on Wednesday for allegedly hitting a fan in the head with a champagne bottle at an Atlanta nightclub earlier this month. A magistrate judge denied bond for Mane at his first court appearance on Wednesday, sheriff’s spokeswoman Tracy Flanagan said. Mane did not enter a plea. His next hearing will be on April 10, Flanagan said. Mane’s attorney, Drew Findling, told Reuters he would appeal the denial of bond to a higher court. He said six witnesses interviewed by his office about what he described as a melee at the club did not pin blame on the rapper. “None of them said Gucci had anything to do with it,” Findling said. (Reuters)

Also On The Web