Katt Williams Whips Gun Out In LA? Cops Swarm Crime Scene

Katt Williams Whips Gun Out In LA? Cops Swarm Crime Scene

Hollywood actor Katt Williams has made headlines this week for reportedly totting a gun and threatening a pedestrian last night (July 1) in California. #BustYaGun

Details of what allegedly went down surfaced online Wednesday (July 2).

Katt Williams drew a gun on someone at the Comedy Store in West Hollywood Tuesday night … triggering a 911 emergency that ended with deputies racing to the scene with guns drawn. Eyewitnesses tell TMZ … Katt was inside the club when a heckler started talking smack about the comedian’s height and race. We’re told Katt was not on stage … he was milling around. An eyewitness says he went crazy, threatening the heckler with a gun. (TMZ)

Williams turned into a no-show by the time law enforcement arrived to the area.

At that point someone called 911 — reporting a man with a gun at the Comedy Store — and 6 cop cars raced to the Sunset Strip. Deputies pointed shot guns and bean bag guns at the club as they prepared for a confrontation. Turns out … Katt had already left. So far no arrest warrant has been issued for Katt. Cops tell us they’re still investigating. (TMZ)

A couple years ago,Williams unofficially announced his retirement from the comedy scene.

“I’m just gonna go ahead and announce my retirement from stand-up,” Williams said in an interview. “I’m kinda done. This is, yeah, I’ve already discussed it with my kids. I wasn’t really gonna do it on a Seattle street, I was gonna go to Los Angeles and do it in the offices of ICM or Live Nation.” (KOMO)

No stranger to law enforcement, Katt ran into some legal problems a couple years ago in Seattle, Washington.

Something not so funny is going on with Katt Williams. The actor and stand-up comedian was arrested Sunday after allegedly getting into a bar fight with a family at the World Sports Grille in Seattle. When police arrived on the scene, Williams resisted arrest. The “First Sunday” actor was taken into custody at the King County jail shortly afterward on counts of harassment, assault and obstructing police, though he was released early Monday morning. (New York Daily News)


Also On The Web