Rap mogul Jay-Z took a moment to withdraw himself from his status as a Forbes heavyweight and reflected on the aftermath of last week’s hard-hitting Hurricane Sandy.
Young Hov took to his Life + Times website and also commented on watching his new Brooklyn Nets win their NBA debut Saturday (November 3) night.
“Reflecting on the first game in Brooklyn and thinking about the hurricane. Thinking about being undefeated and all the losses/wins that lie ahead. Life will always throw adversity and tragedy at us. We remain resilient! Heartfelt prayers go out to those who lost their lives and to the families who continue the fight.” (Life + Times)
Jay and his wife Beyoncé were spotted sitting courtside at Saturday’s game.
Beyonce and her hubby Jay-Z attend the Brooklyn Nets home opener at the Barclays Center on Saturday (November 3) in Brooklyn, N.Y. The 31-year-old singer and the 42-year-old rapper watched from the front row as the Nets beat the Toronto Raptors 107-100. Jay is a part owner of the team, which used to be known as the New Jersey Nets before its big move to Brooklyn this year. (Just Jared)
Last week, G-Unit’s 50 Cent also commented on the weather disaster.
“Man we hit !!! SK RT @BigLee26: @50cent just see queens on the news sorry bro hope people are ok,” Fif tweeted October 31st. (50 Cent’s Twitter)
Heading into the weekend, over 400,000 New Yorkers did not have power.
Officials were finally hopeful that the grim litany of carnage would finally level off. Gov. Cuomo said the city and state were making the “transition to the reconstruction phase” after four days of rescue and recovery work. There were still more than 435,000 New Yorkers without power Friday – nearly half located in Manhattan. But Con Ed officials said they hoped to have the power back on in flood-ravaged lower Manhattan in time for residents to watch Sunday’s Giants-Steelers game. (New York Daily News)