“He’s Probably The Only Guy On The Planet That Can [Bring] All Those Guys Together”

“He’s Probably The Only Guy On The Planet That Can [Bring] All Those Guys Together”

After blockbuster action thriller The Expendables exploded onto movie screens a year ago, co-star Randy Couture gives SOHH the inside scoop on its upcoming sequel.

Although he kept details to a minimum, Couture said all fans should expect the unexpected.

“Well, we’re just wrapping up all of our prep work and heading over to Bulgaria,” Couture revealed to SOHH. “We’re beginning shooting [this] October. I think all of the crew is back and we’ve added some pretty interesting names. There’s going to be some new faces with this new one. And the action is sick. I’ve read the script and I’m just scratching my head thinking, ‘How the h*ll are we going to pull this off?’ It’s amazing. I think everybody should strap on their seatbelts because it’s going to be a great ride.” (SOHH)

Couture also said the original film’s director, Sylvester Stallone will be able to focus primarily on acting this time around.

“I think we were all pleasantly surprised,” Couture added when asked for his reaction to the $80 million budgeted film banking nearly $300 million from the box office. “First of all, it was a huge honor to work with [Sylvester] Stallone. We all grew up watching his movies and the things he’s done in the industry. He’s probably the only guy on the planet that can pull it off by bringing all of those guys together. And now for this one, we’re getting a chance to work with Simon West. Sly isn’t wearing as many hats in this one, he’s just starring in the movie, so he’s giving up the director’s hat to Simon who did Con Air and so many other amazing movies we loved to watch. So I’m excited to see how this turns out, getting on the journey to do this one. I think everybody’s gonna be so excited because even with post production, they’re gonna be like, ‘Come on, let’s get this out!'” (SOHH)

Earlier this week, blockbuster star Arnold Schwarzenegger tweeted a photo from the Expendables 2 movie set.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is beginning his Hollywood comeback, filming his upcoming action movie “The Expendables 2,” alongside Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis. “Back in action for The Expendables 2!” Arnold Tweeted on Tuesday. “I’m having a fantastic time on set with Bruce and Sly in Bulgaria.” The former California Governor then linked to a photo of himself with his fellow stars on set. (Access Hollywood)

In the original, Couture played amongst a cast of all-star blockbuster movie actors.

An all-star cast of action-movie icons headline Sylvester Stallone’s explosive action thriller about a group of hard-nosed mercenaries who are double-crossed during a treacherous mission. Approached by the shadowy Church (Bruce Willis) to overthrow tyrannical South American dictator General Gaza (David Zayas) and restore order to the troubled island country of Vilena, stoic soldier of fortune Barney Ross (Stallone) rounds up an unstoppable team that includes former SAS soldier and blade specialist Lee Christmas (Jason Statham); martial arts expert Yin (Jet Li); trigger-happy Hale Caesar (Terry Crews); and cerebral demolitions expert Toll Road (Randy Couture). (Rotten Tomatoes)

The Expendables 2 is slated to drop August 17th, 2012.

Check out The Expendables trailer below:



sdotsamuel
Also On The Web