New York rapper Consequence can finally get back to focusing on creating music after handling some family business by announcing the end of a yearlong feud with cousin/rapper Q-Tip.
While not going into elaborate detail, the Cons broke the news Friday (December 23).
“After a very intense & extensive meeting, Q-Tip & myself have resolved our public & private issues. With so many manufactured “beefs” in Hip-Hop, this situation was very real and shows that their can be resolution through humility & dialogue. Check out this pic of us welcoming my son Caiden into our historic fold.” (Statement)
Yesterday, the seasoned music veteran hinted at some exciting news being on deck.
“I have some Great news I’m going to share with all of my Followers 2mrow…,” he tweeted Thursday (December 22). (Consequence’s Twitter)
In September, Cons said he and Kanye West have resumed speaking terms.
“I got a couple of updates,” Cons said in an interview. “Me and Kanye spoke. When you have a situation like we had, you know, it’s emotional, it’s tempers flying, it’s a lot of people chiming in. You know what I’m saying? Whether you’re referring to the bloggers, the fans, supporters on either side — unfortunately when you see war, you see division. You know what I’m saying? It got to the point where I was just like, ‘I’m gonna hit son one time and one time only and see where you’re at with this. Is it going to be all the way [turned] up.’ … So we spoke, well, I hit him and he hit me back with one of those all-caps tirades. It was an e-mail. He was pissed and rightfully so and I was pissed and that’s why things happened the way they happened but like I said, he spoke his piece, I spoke my piece. He told me he loved me. The feud is over with Kanye. Is the feud over with other people? See me in the streets.” (RapFix)
Cons made headlines earlier this year after publicly revealing issues with Q-Tip and Kanye West.
As for working with ATCQ, headed by his cousin, Q-Tip, Cons stated that he has no ties to the group. The start of his beef with Q-Tip and ‘Ye stems from their lack of work on his long-delayed ‘Cons TV’ album, which they were rumored to be producing. Acknowledging that they have “personal issues,” Cons now feels like he’s ready to let go of any ill feelings towards his former friends and move forward with the project on his own. “I’m not harping on anything, but I’mma point out the obvious. I committed my time, my energy, my efforts to what we all committed to,” he explained. “That’s the Cons TV project. It’s not to be understated. They rolled with me through everything. They heard the stories on the ‘Job Song.’ They heard ‘Uncle Rahiem.’ They rooted for me. This was the coup de gras.” (The Boom Box)
Check out a recent Consequence interview below: