Chris Brown Camp Denies $1 Mil Drake Boxing Challenge, “We’ve Never Heard Of Any Offer”

Chris Brown Camp Denies $1 Mil Drake Boxing Challenge, “We’ve Never Heard Of Any Offer”

R&B singer Chris Brown‘s camp has reportedly denied ever catching wind of any million dollar offer to knuckle up and face-off against alleged music rival Drake in a boxing ring.

According to reports, Chris Breezy’s team is unaware of the alleged offer.

If you’re expecting to see Chris Brown and Drake squaring off in a boxing ring anytime soon, you might not want to hold your breath. While boxing promoter Damon Feldmen tells RumorFix that he’s offered $1 million to both artists to fight each other three rounds in a televised event, a rep for Brown says the likelihood of that happening is slim because he knows nothing about it. “We’ve never heard of any offer,” the rep explained, after RumorFix broke news of the offer to him. “It’s just someone trying to get press for themselves,” the rep continued. That could be the case, but Feldmen says he’s planning on having a press conference in Los Angeles on Friday to prove just how serious he is about his offer. The Hollywood Fight Night promoter plans on bringing two million dollars in cash to the event to show Chris and Drake he’s the real deal. (RumorFix)

Reports of the pricy bout surfaced online earlier this week.

As fans continue to buzz about Chris Brown and Drake’s bottle-throwing battle in a Manhattan nightclub earlier this month, a promoter is offering the entertainers $1 million each to duke it out in the ring, the New York Daily News reports. Boxing promoter Damon Feldman tells the newspaper that billionaire bottling heir Alki David has offered to bankroll the bout and that he’ll sweeten the purse with an extra $1 million for charity if the two agree to lace up the gloves and fight one on one. (Detroit Free Press)

The event would take place in either two locations around late August.

Mr. Feldman said he has the financial backing of Alki David, a digital entrepreneur who has agreed to pay the singers for their appearances and to donate $1 million to a charity that helps abused women. The fight would be staged in Las Vegas or Los Angeles on Aug. 25. If they accept the challenge, Drake and Mr. Brown would fight three one-minute rounds, wearing oversize 24 ounce gloves and headgear to limit the risk of injury. (New York Times)

Last week, G-Unit head 50 Cent said he would put his money on Brown if he ever fought Drake.

“I’d take Chris,” he told Bay Area station KMEL. “I guess it’s ’cause of all the physical things with dancin’ and movin’. He be slippin’ and movin’. I don’t see Drake doing that. Chris be havin’ his shirt off. He got one of them MMA fighter looks. Like he might have did karate when he was a kid. He kickin’, doin’ splits and stuff. This could really get interesting.” (KMEL)

Check out a recent Drake interview below:



sdotsamuel
Also On The Web