R&B superstar Chris Brown has plenty of reasons to smile these days and one of them happens to be no longer worrying about a potentially nasty assault lawsuit filed against him by a female clubgoer.
According to reports, the alleged victim’s lack of evidence has forced an attorney to reject the case.
Good news for Chris Brown — for once — the singer WON’T be prosecuted for allegedly attacking a female clubgoer at an O.C. bar back in June … TMZ has learned. We broke the story … 24-year-old Deanna Gines claimed CB violently shoved her down at Heat Ultra Lounge … causing serious damage to her knee. But Deanna’s claims seemed fishy from the get go … CB and the club’s owner said she was full of it. Not to mention we got video of her walking around on her “injured” leg minutes after the alleged incident. Now, it seems the Anaheim City Attorney also smelled BS … ’cause the office rejected the case last week citing insufficient evidence. As for Deanna, she’s still trying to sue Chris for her so-called suffering. Good luck with that. (TMZ)
Gines turned into an Internet sensation after publicly calling out Breezy in late June.
Apparently, things got a little confusing for Deanna Gines after she was allegedly shoved to the ground by Chris Brown at the Heat Ultra Lounge. The attention-seeking drunk girl reported that Chris injured her right leg… meanwhile, she was spotted being escorted out of the lounge limping on her left. Obviously, Deanna must have forgotten which leg was hurting her. Duh… (Heavy)
After the news broke out, Breezy stepped forward to deny the victim’s claims.
Brown, 24, denied the accusation on Twitter, saying he “didn’t do anything” and was sick of taking hits to his reputation. “The devil is always working. If it wasn’t for my faith and my fans, I would’ve quick music along time ago,” he tweeted Monday. “I’m tired of it man….!” (New York Daily News)
Earlier this year, Brown talked about winning back former girlfriend Rihanna after their publicized domestic violence altercation back in 2009.
Exhibit A: R&B star Chris Brown says he’s worked hard and persuaded pop-star Rihanna to forgive him and love him again, even though he beat her up in 2009 and may still be on the hook for charges in the case. London’s The Mirror tabloid is reporting today that he granted a “searingly honest” interview to a Mirror scribe in which he apologized, again, held up the assault as the “biggest mistake” of his life, and acknowledged that winning Rihanna back took months of “serious making up.” “But she loves me — what can I say? I’m forgiven … but, yes, I worked hard for it,” he told reporter Clemmie Moodie on Sunday at the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar-watching party. (USA Today)