Corey “C-Murder” Miller has been released from jail after posting $1 million bail for violating the terms of his house arrest rules.
The Southern emcee was freed yesterday (March 24) afternoon.
The 38-year-old made bail Tuesday and returned to house arrest two weeks after he was jailed for allegedly leaving his house without permission. State Districut Judge Hans Liljeberg previously increased Miller’s $500,000 bond to $1 million. Officials said Miller is using equity in property to make the bond. Miller’s trial is scheduled for April 20. (WXVT News)
Murder was previously denied a request to leave jail earlier this month.
A judge this morning (March 11) ordered Miller to remain in jail until his trial next month. “I don’t think it’s terribly unjust,” Judge Hans Liljeberg of the 24th Judicial District Court said about 10:45 a.m., in ordering Miller back to jail. Miller could still get out of jail before the trial, but only if he paid additional bond money. Liljeberg this morning increased Miller’s bond to $1 million. (NOLA News)
He was originally placed into custody for violating his house arrest rules.
Deputy Chief Chuck Whitmer of the Gretna Police Department says the monitor indicated Miller was out of range, a violation of house arrest rules, for about 10 minutes. Miller’s attorney Ron Rakosky says his client received a call about 3 a.m. after the equipment indicated he was out of range. Miller says his client was home sleeping. Miller was booked into the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center. (The Advertiser)
Muder is currently awaiting retrial next month for a fatal shooting charge from January 2002.
Miller was convicted in 2003, but former Judge Martha Sassone granted him a new trial after she found that prosecutors improperly withheld criminal background information on three witnesses from the defense. The state Supreme Court sided with Sassone in 2006, and she then set a $500,000 bond for Miller and ordered him into house arrest. (SOHH)