Beyoncé, Jay Z & Solange Finally Break Silence, Address Elevator Explosion

Beyoncé, Jay Z & Solange Finally Break Silence, Address Elevator Explosion

Grammy-winning singer Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, Jay Z and Solange have finally come forward to speak out on the publicized and now-infamous elevator fight from last week. #TheCartersSpeak

In a statement released to the media, the Carter-Knowles emphasized they were still a tight-knit family.

“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it. Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.” (Statement)

They also denied speculation of Solange being under the influence of alcohol.

“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false. At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.” (Statement)

According to reports, Jay and his sister-in-law’s reported post-fight hook-up went down a few days ago.

7:10 AM PT — Solange’s rep says she wasn’t in NYC. However, we were told by Mr. Flawless himself that he personally waited on Jay Z and Solange … and was specific as to how long they were there and where they were looking inside the store. We also spoke with a famous NYC DJ who happened to be outside the store, and also insists he saw Jay Z and Solange come out of the store, get into a Mercedes-Benz G Wagon and drive off. (TMZ)

Initial reports claimed tensions allegedly boiled when Solange’s friends tried to use Jay’s name for access to last week’s Met Gala ceremony in New York.

Our source said Jay Z soon got wind of it and snapped at Solange, saying “don’t use my name.” The 27-year-old singer turned sullen and said she wanted to leave the party. On the way out, Jay Z said he’d be heading to Up & Down on W. 14th Street, where Rihanna was holding her own post-Met Ball bash, a second source said. Jay’s camp had called ahead of time to say he would be coming alone and “didn’t need extra security” because Beyonce wouldn’t be attending, the source said. (NY Daily News)

Solange allegedly came to her sister’s defense and questioned Jay’s intentions of attending a party by himself.

Apparently, that didn’t sit well with Solange. “She seemed drunk and irritated,” said a second source. “She said, ‘Why can’t you go home?’ and to Beyonce ‘Why does your husband need to go to the club right now?'” An incensed Jay Z didn’t back down. “You’re one to talk,” he replied, the source said. Jay’s response set Solange into a rage. Ultimately, the rapper decided against going to Rihanna’s party. (New York Daily News)

#TheCartersSpeak



sdotsamuel
Also On The Web