Akon Speaks On Alleged Suge Knight Ordered Robbery, “We Always Had Peaceful Conversations”

Akon Speaks On Alleged Suge Knight Ordered Robbery, “We Always Had Peaceful Conversations”

Hitmaker Akon has reacted to the news of his producer, Detail, being allegedly robbed by Suge Knight, and he promised to make an effort to resolve the matter.

Despite an Akon associate previously having a physical altercation with Knight during NBA All-Star weekend in Arizona, Kon admitted to being unaware of the hip-hop mogul’s intentions for a robbery.

“All I know, we always had peaceful conversations,” he said of Suge. “I’m trying to figure out why it’s escalating to this extent. We never had no problems. All I can do is the right thing. Everything always works itself out.” (MTV)

The Konvict labelhead also claims he was outside of the United States when the robbery took place Wednesday (March 25) morning.

“Well actually I just got out of the country and I flew in this morning and when I flew in this morning and all these people came at me all at one time and I haven’t stopped to actually figure out what’s going on,” Akon said in an interview. “So we’ve been getting information from so many different sources and I’m still trying to get to them myself. I haven’t had a chance to speak with him just to figure out exactly what’s going on and how it all started.” (XXLMag)

One of Detail’s employees, Christopher Walker, placed Suge as the person behind it.

He tells us at about 3:00 AM five men broke into his home with guns and said they were there to collect a debt on behalf of Suge Knight. They claimed Detail owed Suge money, and then proceeded to collect on the debt. They stole $170,000 worth of jewelry from his room. Walker adds they demanded a key to the safe and said they would kill all four people in the house if they didn’t get it. The robbers didn’t get the key, instead, they took the 130 pound safe. They also took stereo equipment and a key to a Mercedes. A police source tells us it’s more like $300,000. (TMZ)

The robbery allegedly stems from the fight between Akon associate Robert Carnes Jr. and Knight in mid-February.

“At about 3:30 AM, Monday (February 16) morning, police were called to a private party on the second floor of the W Hotel,” the police report reads. “Hotel security personnel called police when they became concerned that there would be a fight between two groups of guests having heated words in the VIP area. Officers arrived and watched a group of about 6-8 guests exiting the VIP area. They saw one person, later identified as Robert Carnes Jr., punch the victim in the head two times. Officers deployed tasers to quell the fight that erupted.” (SOHH)



sdotsamuel
Also On The Web