50 Cent Puts His “Life” On The Line In Las Vegas [Video]

50 Cent Puts His “Life” On The Line In Las Vegas [Video]

G-Unit’s 50 Cent had a weekend to remember after experiencing his first official win through SMS Promotions Saturday (December 8) in Las Vegas courtesy of boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Fif showed support for his company’s high-profile client by coming from the ceiling to perform the new “My Life” single moments prior to Gamboa’s entrance.

While Manny Pacquiao was getting knocked out in his fight against Juan Manuel Marquez, 50 Cent was scoring his first victory as a boxing promoter. The hip-hop mogul, who got his Nevada promoter’s license last month, reportedly paid $1 million for the contract to promote former Cuban Olympic gold medalist Yuriorkis Gamboa, who won his first fight under 50’s SMS Promotions. Before the main event, Fif was lowered into the ring from the rafters at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas while performing his new hit “My Life.” (Rap-Up)

Hours later, Fif boasted about the fighter’s win on his Twitter page.

“GAMBOA won the title last night with his leg hurt. He been off 15 months so he did what he had to do. SMSaudio,” Fif tweeted Sunday (December 9). (50 Cent’s Twitter)

Coming into the fight, reports claimed Gamboa had not laced up to box in over 12 months.

The chances of the 5’5 1/2? Gamboa getting a fight with Mayweather are nonexistent but you can’t blame 50 Cent for trying. It would really help out Gamboa’s career no matter what happened in the fight with Mayweather because he would get his biggest payday of his career. Gamboa hasn’t fought in over a year and is scheduled to be fighting on the Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez IV undercard on December 8th against Miguel Beltran Jr. (21-2, 17 KO’s) in a nothing fight in Las Vegas, Nevada. Gamboa burned up a year of his career with choosing not to fight former WBA World lightweight champion and then leaving Top Rank. In hindsight it was a mistake for Gamboa to do this because he has nothing to show for it and here he is still fighting on a Top Rank undercard, but against a little known opponent. (Boxing News 24)

Heading into the weekend, Curtis Jackson spoke on the business behind SMS Promotions.

In an exclusive interview with the Daily News at the undercard press conference at the MGM on Thursday, Jackson said he is aware of the cutthroat nature of promotions from his dealings in the music industry. He knows there are sharks in the water. “I’ll work my way past those obstacles, because I will continue to be surrounded by more great talent moving forward,” Jackson said. “It will create more influence and power where the networks (HBO and Showtime) will have to roll or they will lose the ability to utilize the fighters.” (New York Daily News)

Check out 50 Cent performing “My Life” in Las Vegas:



sdotsamuel
Also On The Web