News: UPDATE: Mack Maine Says Lil Wayne's Outta There Baby, Denies XXL Interview
Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 9:47AM
Young Money president Mack Maine has revealed his longtime friend Lil Wayne is finally headed home after suffering a seizure last week and denied providing updates regarding his health and Twitter activity.
Maine broke the good news about Weezy F. Baby late last night (March 18).
"Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!! @LilTunechi has been officially been released and is headed home....God is great," Mack tweeted.
"I never spoke or gave any update to @xxl regarding tune's health or his tweets." (Mack Maine's Twitter)
Hours earlier, a published interview went up with Mack giving updates on Wayne's situation.
"He's in the hospital regularly, [not ICU]," he said. "I can't really give a comment on his situation right now 'cus we're not really sure, we're just standing by him right now. Like I said, he's in recovery as far as we know, so we're just sitting back, just waiting until he's come fully recovered before we can give a statement. Mack could not confirm whether it was actually Lil Wayne who Tweeted, "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love." He said that he was not with Wayne at the time that the Tweet was published, and it could have been published by someone in his camp or a fan. "That Tweet [that he sent out on Friday] wasn't sent out on that same phone line," he revealed. "I'm not sure if he Tweeted that or not. I wasn't with him at the present moment. One of his fans could have Tweeted that, I'm not really sure where that came from." (XXL Mag)
Prior to Maine's update, Cash Money boss Birdman detailed what all went down with Weezy in a Hot 97 interview.
"He had a seizure, Tuesday night," Birdman told radio host Angie Martinez. "We really been in the hospital since Tuesday and you know all this stuff people saying, there's no truth to it at all. He had a seizure and we went to the hospital and we been there ever since. He's doing much better and he's in great shape right now. ... He never left [the hospital], he never left, first of all. He never left and came back. We've been in here since Tuesday. To me, honestly, [the seizure's] just [from] his work ethics. Just how he put in and how he believe in and how hard he work and how much dedication he give to music and to his fans and what he's trying to accomplish in life. It had nothing to do with drugs. No such thing as that, to me, he just works around the clock. He's a hard grinder for this music. But it wasn't nothing about no drugs." ("The Angie Martinez Show")
Before he was released, Wayne left the intensive care unit after nearly an entire week.
TMZ reports that Wayne's doctors determined that his condition had stabilized, allowing the 30-year-old rapper to be moved out of the intensive care unit and into a regular room at the hospital. Sources tell the website that he no longer needs the intense, 24/7 treatment he'd been receiving since suffering a series of frightening seizures after a suspected codeine overdose from his abuse of "sizzurp," a mixture of cough syrup and alcohol. The new report indicates that Wayne has been walking around the floor of the hospital on his own, though accompanied by a security team. TMZ also reports that he's now eating on his own again, adding that he could possibly be discharged from the hospital in the near future. (Hollywood Life)
Check out Birdman's interview: