News: Juelz Santana Explains Lil Wayne "Can't Feel My Face" Delay [Video]

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 9:54AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Dipset's Juelz Santana recently updated fans on the status of his joint Lil Wayne Can't Feel My Face album and why it has remained shelved for over six years.

According to Santana, he still needs to link up with Weezy F. Baby to churn out new records in light of a majority of their tracks leaking over the past few years.

"Is it done? No. Me and Wayne haven't started working on it as far as, you know, me and Wayne, same thing, we recorded a bunch of records. Like, 60 records go leaked, they got a bunch of mixtapes that came out. They got about four or five mixtapes that came out with me and Wayne where records got leaked. So, a lot of people got that, a lot of people know what it is with that situation." (Real Talk NY)

Juelz also said the biggest issue with their project is finding a label to distribute it.

"As far as the new music, we haven't announced us working on a new I Can't Feel My Face. Hopefully once I get Wayne and we start working on this new [Born to Lose, Built to Win] project, we can [do it]. It's just when it comes to putting that project out, we just need to talk about that. more than anything because getting the music done has never been a problem. So at the end of the day, I know we can get the music done. It's just about getting it out on that major label, you know? The people want it." (Real Talk NY)

Last May, the Diplomat said he had high hopes their project would land on store shelves one day.

"Me and Wayne been recording music when it comes to I Can't Feel My Face for about five years," he said in an interview. "We actually have a ton of music that got leaked on the streets. ... Make a long story short, you see the interview with Weezy. He did reach out to me when he came home [from jail in 2010]. He reached out to me like, 'I think we need to capitalize on the album.' At the time, my studio had just gotten raided by the police. It was kind of a real tight situation for me. I spoke to Wayne recently. I spoke to him before the interview and right after the interview. We gon' get it. I guess at the time he said he moved on, people were making it seem like he was saying he was never gonna do the album. We spoke about that. We definitely gonna get back into that." (BET)

Despite the hype, Weezy said he moved on from focusing on the LP last year.

"I actually got at Elz when I got out and told him, 'Man, I think it's time we really capitalize on that,' " Wayne recalled to Amanda Seales of MTV's "Hip Hop POV" in an outtake from last week's episode. "He can't work how he wants to work because they shut down his studio [with a raid]," Wayne explained. "I sent him some music and he didn't send them back in the time-fashion that I work." Never one to remain idle, Tunechi took the songs that he had set aside for the joint album and repurposed them for his upcoming I Am Not a Human Being II solo LP. "I started putting extra verses on those songs and I've moved on," he confirmed. "Now what probably would've been I Can't Feel My Face, has now turned into I Am Not a Human Being." (MTV)

Check out Juelz Santana's interview:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus