News: Nicki Minaj Admits Fear Of Losing Lil Wayne: "I'm Just Thankful He Was OK"
Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012 8:54AM
Young Money's Nicki Minaj recently shared her thoughts on Lil Wayne taking over headlines last month after getting hospitalized multiple times for medical complications.
Now on the road to recovery, Nicki said her Young Money boss has nothing but good people surrounding him.
"He said he was OK," Nicki Minaj told MTV News from her hotel room in San Antonio, Texas, on Sunday. "I know they didn't want him to fly. Everybody that's around him is taking care of him. Wayne has so many people around him that truly, genuinely love him. I'm not worried at all," she said. "Even him being on the plane, thank God that there was somebody there right away that was able to help him. I'm just thankful that he was OK." (MTV)
Earlier this month, reports surfaced which said Wayne could not board planes as a safety precaution.
Lil Wayne is under STRICT ORDERS from his doctor to keep his ass off airplanes for the foreseeable future ... after his mid-flight medical emergency last week, TMZ has learned. We're told Wayne's been to the doctor twice since his hospitalization and has nurses coming to check on him regularly. The rapper's telling friends he feels the seizures were a result of working himself too hard after his jail stint -- and has been calling the health scare a "life-changing event" and an "eye-opener." We're told Weezy is planning to return to his Miami home shortly -- but he won't be taking a plane ... he'll be traveling inside a luxury bus. (TMZ)
The platinum-selling rapper also jumped on Twitter to update fans on his condition.
"Thanx for all the prayers! I am good.," Weezy tweeted October 27th. (Lil Wayne's Twitter)
Initially reported as seizures, Wayne's camp later said his medical problems stemmed from non-fatal issues.
A New York Daily News report explains that Wayne was hospitalized twice within two days for "severe migraines and dehydration " The medical conditions forced Lil Wayne to miss his scheduled court date on Friday in his case against Quincy Jones III, says the New York Daily News. Whether his legal team will present the case without Wayne, or if it will be declared a mistrial, is unknown at this time. (Examiner)
For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.