News: 50 Cent Puts His Brand New Promoters License To Good Use
Friday, Nov 16, 2012 10:22PM
Less than 24 hours after Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson got approved by the Nevada State Authentic Commission for a promoters license, the G-Unit leader has officially launched SMS Promotions.
Details of the official business venture surfaced online Friday (November 16).
Music superstar and business entrepreneur, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson today announced the launch of his latest business venture, SMS Promotions, a boxing promotions company which was recently granted promoters license by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Jackson was approved for a license in New York earlier this year. SMS Promotions has already acquired four top fighters in the industry including former featherweight title holder Yuriorkis Gamboa, super middle weight contender Andre Dirrell, Australian IBF featherweight titlist Billy Dib and featherweight contender Celestino Caballero. (SMS Boxing Promotions)
Fif has also provided a statement to confirm the new move and his admiration for boxing.
"I love boxing and have always been a big fan of the sport, so it feels especially great for me to be involved with the game at this level. My goal is to build SMS Promotions into one of boxing's most respected promoters and bring the best fights to audiences nationwide," states Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson. (Statement)
Yesterday, the G-Unit head got approved by Nevada officials for his new license.
Jackson and attorney Leon Margules, who were at the meeting, promised to provide the commission with what it still wanted within a week -- two years worth of Jackson's income tax returns, a financial statement listing the fighters SMS has under contract and a letter stating that the assets that had been in TMT's name are now in SMS's name. During questioning from the commission, Jackson said that he and Mayweather had agreed to go into the promotional business together but "as he came out of incarceration (on Aug. 3 after two months in county jail in Las Vegas) he decided he wanted to do things differently, but I had already invested $1.5 million in acquiring fighters and I would like to move forward." Jackson said there was no written agreement between him and Mayweather regarding the company. (ESPN)
In September, rumors of his departure from undefeated boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr.'s Money Team Promotions surfaced.
Rumors are flying hot and heavy that the joint venture into boxing promotion called TMT (The Money Team), headed up by pound-for-pound boxing king Floyd Mayweather Jr. and rapper 50 Cent, is already kaput. The Ring magazine reports that Australian featherweight fighter Billy Dib, recently signed by TMT, has had his contract folded into the operations of the still operating Mayweather Promotions. The Ring also says that a source close to the rap superstar indicates that 50 Cent is "no longer involved in boxing." (Boxing Insider)
For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.