News: LL Cool J Spotted For First Time Since Home Invader Beatdown
Wednesday, Sep 5, 2012 3:00PM
Rap mogul LL Cool J is not losing sleep over having his Los Angeles home broken into last month and got spotted on-set of his popular television series "NCIS Los Angeles" this week.
Footage of LL returning to action landed online early Wednesday (September 5).
Two weeks after he beat the living daylights out of an alleged bad guy in his home, LL Cool J triumphantly returned to work yesterday ... where he beat the living daylights out of a fake bad guy on the set of "NCIS Los Angeles." It's the first time we've seen LL since the incident ... and of course, the rapper/actor didn't have a scratch on his body ... unlike the home invader, who suffered a broken nose and jaw when he messed with the wrong house on August 22. We tried to ask LL about the situation as he was walking to the Santa Monica set of his CBS show yesterday, but he was too "in the zone" with his scene to answer questions. He did, however, flash us the fist pump ... to remind everyone that LL Cool J will break your face if you mess with his family. (TMZ)
Details on the injuries 56 year-old home invader Jonathan Kirby endured from LL's fists surfaced in late August.
A man charged with breaking into LL Cool J's home Wednesday morning faces a long prison sentence if convicted because of his previous convictions, the prosecutor's spokeswoman said Thursday. Jonathan Kirby, 56, suffered a broken nose, jaw and ribs when he encountered the muscular rapper-actor inside his Sherman Oaks, California, home, according to Los Angeles County District Attorney spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons. (CNN)
The burglar could reportedly face nearly 40 years behind bars.
Jonathan Kirby, 56, was charged with residential burglary with a person present, which in combination with his criminal history could result in significant prison time. Kirby, who is facing his third strike or serious or violent felony, faces a possible maximum sentence of 38 years in state prison. (Los Angeles Times)
LL's representative released a statement on the robbery attempt hours after it all went down.
"LL Cool J, and his family, are safe and thank everyone for their thoughts and concern. As a father, husband and citizen, he is committed to keeping his family safe and is cooperating with authorities on this private matter," a representative for Smith said Wednesday. (ABC News)
Check out a past LL Cool J interview below:
For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.