News: Machine Gun Kelly Dethrones The King, "If [LeBron James] Doesn't Do It This Year, Then He Won't Do It Again"
Monday, Jun 11, 2012 5:05PM
Just a day away from the NBA Finals, Cleveland rapper Machine Gun Kelly is weighing in on fellow native LeBron James' chances at capturing his first-ever championship.
Despite sharing the same state, MGK is putting his money on West Conference champions Oklahoma City Thunder.
LeBron James and the Miami Heat will tip-off against the Oklahoma City Thunder to begin the NBA Finals Tuesday night (June 12). One rapper who definitely does not want to see King James and the Heat capture the NBA title is Machine Gun Kelly. After spitting the line, "Never mind that's just Kells with that Heat, no LeBron though," on his hit, "Wild Boy," the Cleveland MC echoed that sentiment on a recent radio station stop "Oh no, he's not taking it," MGK s said in reference to LeBron on Power 107.5. "If he doesn't do it this year, then he won't do it again." (XXL Mag)
Back in March, Florida native Ace Hood said his Miami Heat had a strong play-offs run in them.
"[Playoffs run?] Of course. They're playing outstanding basketball," Hood told SOHH. "This year is starvation in D-Wade. They want it bad. It goes back to [my upcoming mixtape], Starvation, they want it bad. We want a ring. They want to be at the top, I want to be at the top. We want it bad, you feel me?" (SOHH)
While loyal to his Atlanta Hawks, rapper Killer Mike recently told SOHH he felt the Heat could be championship-bound.
"Honestly, this year you're looking at potentially the Miami Heat winning the championship," Mike told SOHH. "I think LeBron James is finally coming into his own. I think he's the illest, tallest point guard in the game. I appreciate [New York Knicks' guard] Jeremy Lin because I appreciate any guy from Harvard playing profesionally. [laughs] I like New York. I ain't got no issues with them. I want to see the Knicks do good but shout-out to my n*gga Kobe [Bryant] and the motherf*cking Los Angeles Lakers. [laughs] The Clippers look dominate now and I ain't mad at them but they didn't want Kobe to get Chris Paul at point. If Chris would have [got traded to the Lakers], we'd be talking about a whole different thing right now. No matter how dominate you are in the season, you gotta make the play-offs. I really think the Heat could win the championship. I'm not making that my prediction, but I'm letting people know I think the Heat might take the championship this year." (SOHH)
Tomorrow night, the Oklahoma City Thunder host the Miami Heat for Game 1.
The Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat will tip off in the NBA Finals on Tuesday, and from all accounts, it is Oklahoma City that enters as the favorite--one website gave them a 61 percent chance to win the series, to just 39 percent for Miami. Then again, the Thunder didn't have very good odds when they trailed the San Antonio Spurs, 0-2, in the conference finals, and the Heat's chances didn't look good when they were down, 3-2, to the Boston Celtics. So, heck with the odds, let's look at the questions that will determine how this series plays out. (AOL Sporting News)
For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.