News: Police Still Investigating Young Buck's Drive-By Shooting

Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 9:28AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Just over a week after rapper Young Buck made headlines for dodging death when his truck got riddled with bullets in Tennessee, new reports claim the investigation is still ongoing.

While details are slim to none, a Nashville police department rep confirmed the case is still open.

Last Sunday's (March 4) drive-by shooting that left Young Buck's SUV riddled with 11 bullets and his girlfriend wounded in the arm in Nashville is still under investigation. "The investigation is still ongoing," a rep for the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department's Office of Public Affairs confirmed with (XXL Mag)

Last week, Buck Marley took to Twitter and briefly reflected on what went down.

"We all go through things in life. The things I'm experiencing are Truly making me a Better and Stronger man. #GodisGood," he tweeted March 6th. (Young Buck's Twitter)

Buck made global headlines for dodging death just over a week ago.

50 Cent's former G-Unit bandmate, real name David Brown, was driving in Nashville, Tennessee when an unidentified gunman passed by in a white Chevrolet and opened fire on Buck's SUV, hitting it 11 times. Young Buck and a second passenger both escaped unharmed, according to local police, who have launched an investigation into the shooting. The troubled rapper had spent the night before filming a new video and hosting a cookout for fans. (London Free Press)

Although he was unharmed, a female passenger accompanying him suffered a gunshot wound.

A bullet grazed the shoulder of Kenyetta Rainey early Sunday morning while she was riding in a Cadillac Escalade driven by her boyfriend, the rapper Young Buck, whose real name is David Brown. The incident occurred in East Nashville on Interstate 24 near the Shelby Avenue exit around 3 a.m. Brown told police he and his girlfriend had just been in a heated argument inside South Nashville's La Bamba nightclub. Club security stepped in to stop the argument, he said, so he and Rainey left to go to their home in Hendersonville. Brown took Rainey to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where she was treated and released. He was not injured. Nor was a second man in the Escalade. (Tennessean)

Check out a recent Young Buck interview below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out

blog comments powered by Disqus