News: UPDATE: Nas Promoter Finally Freed After Kidnapping, "This Nightmare Is Over"

Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 10:00AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

The concert promoter who blamed veteran emcee Nas for his kidnapping due to failing to show for a scheduled New Year's Eve show has finally been freed after weeks of captivity.

According to reports, promoter Patrick Allocco has been released after 49 days.

A rep for Patrick Allocco tells us, "An order was entered today by Angolan authorities lifting the travel ban which prevented [Patrick] and his son from leaving the country for 49 days after [Nas] failed to show for a New Year's Eve concert." According to the rep, Patrick and his son, Patrick, were immediately escorted by U.S. Embassy Officials on a flight to Lisbon. The two men are expected to arrive in Newark, NJ Saturday afternoon. Patrick's rep adds, "We are relieved that this nightmare is over and are looking forward to coming home to our family and friends who have supported us with their prayers and optimism during this ordeal." (TMZ)

A few weeks ago, Allocco said Nas still owed him a hefty amount of the money paid for his appearance.

Patrick Allocco, CEO of AllGood Concerts, said in an interview Sunday that he and his son, also named Patrick, are in a hotel in the Luanda capital, but cannot leave the country because of an investigation into the concert. Allocco arranged to have Nas perform a New Year's concert in Angola, but the rapper never showed. That infuriated local promoter, Henrique "Riquhino" Miguel, who fronted $300,000 for the show, Allocco said. Miguel is insisting Nas return the $300,000 plus $50,000 in expenses before the Alloccos can leave. The Alloccos, ages 51 and 22, are in good spirits but battling dysentery. They have access to a cell phone and have contacted the U.S. Embassy. "When I told the local promoter that the acts had not traveled, he became extremely angry," Allocco said. Nas has wired $200,000 to Allocco's attorney, Allocco said. "He is supposed to send another $100,000, but now he is reneging," Allocco said. (Star-Ledger)

The Queens native and another act were reportedly paid over $300,000 to hit the stage last month.

Nas and his opening act Jemiah Jai were due to perform at a party hosted by Henrique Miguel and they were paid $315,000 for the heavily-promoted gigs, but when both stars missed their flights to Angola, and the show was scrapped, AllGood Entertainment CEO Allocco and his son were allegedly snatched at gunpoint and interrogated for nearly seven hours. (National Ledger)

As the story goes, Nas' no-show resulted in the concert promoter and his son getting kidnapped.

TMZ reveals that the 'One Mic' rapper was reportedly scheduled to perform a New Year's Eve concert yet his cancellation caused AllGood Entertainment CEO Patrick Allocco and his son to be abducted at gunpoint by hired goons, after local concert impresario Henrique "Riquhino" Miguel shelled out money for the show that was no longer occurring. Patrick Allocco and his son were detained by local authorities and interrogated for seven hours before the U.S. Embassy helped the two. According to the Embassy, Allocco and his son are "in residence" at a local hotel until the monetary issue is settled. (The Boom Box)

Check out some recent Nas footage below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out

blog comments powered by Disqus