News: Waka Flocka's NC Shooters Get Last Laugh, "I'm Not Thrilled About Having To Dismiss These Charges"

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:25PM

Written by Biz Jones

A group of men arrested for allegedly shooting at Waka Flocka Flame's tour bus last February have reportedly been let off the hook.

Details of the case's latest development landed online Tuesday (May 10).

A prosecutor in North Carolina is dropping charges against six men in a shootout at a store where rapper Waka Flocka Flame had been talking with fans. One man was injured in the shooting Feb. 16 at a car stereo shop. A spokesman for the rapper said the shooting started after several men tried to take some of Waka Flocka Flame's jewelry. Prosecutors in Charlotte say none of the witnesses identified any of the shooters. Prosecutors also say there was no evidence of an attempted robbery. (Sac Bee)

Confirmation on the decision to drop the charges has also been stated.

"We didn't have enough evidence to prosecute any of them," District Attorney Andrew Murray told the Observer. "The defendants are still in custody. That's why we need to dismiss the charges now...I'm not thrilled about having to dismiss these charges. Some of these guys have felony records." (Charlotte Observer)

Last February, the six suspects' names, all in their 20's, were publicly revealed.

Andre Sellers, Antoine Washington, Xavier Hoover, David Bellamy, Barry Lawrence and Antonio Stukes are all being charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery and two counts of felony shooting into occupied property. All are under at least $200,000 bond. Some face additional charges. Police say the men were trying to rob rapper Waka Flocka Flame of his jewelry, while his tour bus got a sound system upgrade at a store on Independence Blvd. on Wednesday. Members of the rapper's security team fired at the men who shot at the bus. (WCNC News)

While initially claiming Waka was not the target, more reporting suggested the botched robbery was intended for the rapper's chain.

RumorFix has learned exclusively that the gunmen who opened fire on Waka Flocka Flame's tour bus on Wednesday were after his $1.2 million necklace. Waka's publicist, Kali Bowyer, tells RumorFix exclusively, "We are pleased with the attentiveness by the Charlotte Police Department in capturing these individuals in such a timely manner. It is such a shame that one would risk the lives of innocent women and children in hopes of stealing one's jewelry." (RumorFix)

Check out Waka Flocka's mother addressing the shooting down below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus