News: J-Kwon Blames Absence On Baby Mama Drama, "This Kid Looked Like Someone Else" [Audio]

Friday, Feb 11, 2011 10:35PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

After making headlines last year for being missing, rapper J-Kwon has stepped forward blaming his absence on a baby mama dispute.

Kwon said a woman falsely accused him of getting her pregnant last year.

"I blame my absence from the game on this situation," Kwon told radio personality Georgia. "Just as I was getting my first million dollar check a girl came to me and said she was pregnant...I bought her a house 'cause she's from the hood too, I let her stay at the house. I guess while I'm on tour she's taking paper work from the courts and disposing of them...The payment ended up being $2,500 a month...This kid looked like someone else, the test results came back in 24 hours and I am not the father...I don't feel any better or any worse about the situation, I'm just happy to have my life back." (KMOJ 89.9)

Last spring, reports claimed the Mid-West emcee had been missing for more than a month.

In recent months, J-Kwon has been consistently releasing new music for fans on the net, however as the March 23 release date of his self-titled album is upon him, the young rapper has gone missing. Reps at J-Kwon's label, Gracie Productions, have been unable to reach him in over a month. Friends or associates of the 24-year-old MC are urged to send in tips, and they've set up a Twitter page @WhereIsJKwon to field updates. (Hip Hop Press)

His manager, Dorian Washington, later came forward and said Kwon was located.

"I am very happy to let everyone know that I personally spoke with J-Kwon today, and he is OK. He'd like to send a sincere apology to his friends and everyone who showed concern this week. He was taking some time to himself as he sometimes does, not realizing that people would start to worry after a while. A few days out of touch versus a month is quite a difference. Right now, he just wants to keep doing what he's doing and will be more available for those who care about him. We thank you again for your outreach, and we are relieved to know he'll be all right." (MTV)

Following the media scare, Kwon spoke out on the reports and denied pulling a publicity stunt.

"Things get taken out of hand. On top of that, there are other families that are really missing people and my heart goes out to them. I'm not trying to promote anything," the rapper added. "I just prayed about it and moved on." In addition to letting family, friends and fans he was doing "just fine," J-Kwon notified the St. Louis police department about the situation as well as clear him of any wrongdoing. Putting the ordeal behind him, J-Kwon is reportedly continuing work with his Kwon for Kids organization as well as pursuing new projects and building his company, Hood Hop Music, which signed a new pop artist and fellow entertainers Gino Green and SOC. (All Hip Hop)

Check out J-Kwon's interview below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus