News: Suge Knight Strikes Back At Kanye West For A Milli

Saturday, Nov 6, 2010 9:26AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Former Death Row Records owner Marion "Suge" Knight is reportedly going to strike back at a Miami judge ruling this week which dismissed his million dollar lawsuit against Kanye West.

While details are still developing, Knight will look to get the suit back into action.

Rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight plans to appeal against a judge's decision that dismissed his lawsuit against Kanye West. Knight was shot in the leg in 2005 at a Miami Beach party hosted by rapper Kanye, and Knight blames Kanye for lax security. His lawsuit is seeking more than one million US dollars in damages from West. (The Press Association)

Reports claim the suit was tossed out of court earlier this week.

A federal judge in Miami has tossed out a lawsuit filed by rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight against hip-hop star Kanye West over a 2005 shooting. In Thursday's order, the judge concluded there's no evidence that a shooting at the party was foreseeable. The case was set for trial next month. West's attorney, Adam Josephs, says the suit was ill-conceived from the beginning, adding he was gratified the court agreed. (Associated Press)

In the suit, Knight accused West of lacking ample security at an event, and ultimately led to him suffering a gunshot wound.

Knight was suing West for damages for the August '05 shooting at Miami Beach's Shore Club, claiming the club and West didn't provide enough security. The party, which was thrown before the MTV Video Music Awards, was also attended by A-listers Jessica Alba, Eddie Murphy, The Black Eyed Peas and Paris Hilton. The shooting was never solved. (NBC Miami News)

A mediation reportedly took place last summer and resulted in both parties' inability to reach an agreement.

The rapper and defrocked rap mogul remain at odds after a mediation session to address Knight's negligence complaint against West, filed after he was shot in the leg during a party West thew in Miami Beach in 2005. West's attorney wouldn't comment, but Knight's lawyer, Marc Brumer, says the case is headed to trial if the two gentlemen can't reach a settlement. They also spent a fruitless six hours trying to make a deal in June. Knight appeared at today's meeting, while West, out of the continental U.S. on business, was granted permission by a federal judge to phone it in. (E! Online)

Check out a recent Kanye West interview below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus