News: J-Kwon Denies Disappearance Publicity Stunt, "I'm Not Trying To Promote Anything"
Saturday, Mar 6, 2010 10:34PM
Mid-West rapper J-Kwon has denied reports of being missing and said he was never part of an underlying publicity stunt to generate interest in his career.
According to Kwon, he also told local police to stop any possible searches.
"Things get taken out of hand. On top of that, there are other families that are really missing people and my heart goes out to them. I'm not trying to promote anything," the rapper added. "I just prayed about it and moved on." In addition to letting family, friends and fans he was doing "just fine," J-Kwon notified the St. Louis police department about the situation as well as clear him of any wrongdoing. Putting the ordeal behind him, J-Kwon is reportedly continuing work with his Kwon for Kids organization as well as pursuing new projects and building his company, Hood Hop Music, which signed a new pop artist and fellow entertainers Gino Green and SOC. (All Hip Hop)
The rapper's manager, Dorian Washington, said he was located last week.
"I am very happy to let everyone know that I personally spoke with J-Kwon today, and he is OK. He'd like to send a sincere apology to his friends and everyone who showed concern this week. He was taking some time to himself as he sometimes does, not realizing that people would start to worry after a while. A few days out of touch versus a month is quite a difference. Right now, he just wants to keep doing what he's doing and will be more available for those who care about him. We thank you again for your outreach, and we are relieved to know he'll be all right." (MTV)
Reports claimed the Mid-West emcee had been missing for more than a month.
In recent months, J-Kwon has been consistently releasing new music for fans on the net, however as the March 23 release date of his self-titled album is upon him, the young rapper has gone missing. Reps at J-Kwon's label, Gracie Productions, have been unable to reach him in over a month. Friends or associates of the 24-year-old MC are urged to send in tips, and they've set up a Twitter page @WhereIsJKwon to field updates. (Hip Hop Press)
A statement from Gracie Productions CEO Tony Bucher was also released.
"J-Kwon is a big part of the Gracie family, and we are obviously increasingly worried and want to make sure he is ok," says Gracie Productions CEO/President Tony Bucher. "We've already received thousands of emails from fans and supporters who are worried about J-Kwon, and we want everyone to know how much we appreciate the love and support. If anyone has seen J-Kwon or has access to him, please let him know we are worried about him, and to please let us know everything is ok." (Statement)
Check out a past J-Kwon interview below:
For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.