News: Yung Joc Talks Life After Diddy's Bad Boy Records, "I'm My Own Man"

Friday, Dec 25, 2009 11:00AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Southern rapper Yung Joc recently spoke on parting ways with Diddy's Bad Boy Records and hinted at now having a new record deal with Jive.

Joc said he is now in charge of his own career.

"I just closed my new deal as an artist I'm very happy of that, I fought a very long time for the last two years of my life to get out of my past experience, just closed my new one, so be looking for the kid, it's time to step it up and do it one more time," he explained in an interview. "There's no feeling, I do. I definitely do, I'm my own man, I'm my own entity, Swag Team Entertainment is the label and hey I'm good. Right now I'm looking forward to 2010, making it a bigger and better year, bigger and better movement. A lot of new artists will be distributed through Jive on Swag Team Entertainment, too many to name right now. You'll know it when you see it, when the time is appropriate to name names then that will be done." (Hip Hop Wired)

Last month, Joc said label talks were already in motion.

"I just got my release and one of the terms of the release was a defamation clause, so honestly, I can't really talk about it too much," Joc revealed in an interview. "I've been released, severed the business ties. May God bless them and their regime, but I'm doing my own thing now. I'm actually in negotiations right now with a few labels. I just choose not to call out the different entities. Things are looking very good, God is very good. When I was going through this whole thing with the Bad Boy/Block situation, I didn't know what the other side was going to be. I didn't know if there was going to be light on the other end. I was hopeful, but it's actually working out for the best. I ain't mad, nobody's mad right now, everything is good." (Baller Status)

The Atlanta rapper updated fans on the status of his release earlier this fall.

"I was seeking a release from the regime that I was a part of and I knew that when I got my release, the streets [and] the fans, they don't really give a sh*t about all the woes and the troubles you going through with a label," Joc said about releasing his free Grind Flu mixtape. "They on to the next thing so that sh*t don't matter to 'em. So you gotta give 'em more than just a story. Give 'em some music and that' what I decided to do...Also,I knew that in the process of me getting released [from Bad Boy], if I get a release, the next label is gonna wanna hear some music... Due to the terms of my release, I can't talk about the brother. God bless him... I got a few offers on the table... Right now, I'm doing what you would call, a lot of negotiating. Not a lot of BS'ing because these people know I'm very serious about my business." (This Is 50)

Prior to being freed, Joc discussed his intent to drop a collection of free mixtapes.

"Honestly, there is no current situation with Bad Boy right now," Joc explained in an interview. "We've been in talks about me being possibly released. I don't think at the present time that that regime is the right outfit for me at the moment considering I work very hard as an artist and I'm still in a position where I'm not able to put out my music because of some conflicts of interest. Currently at the moment, there are definitely some talks between myself and Bad Boy, the attorneys, to push for a release. Why am I even signed if I can't put my music out? Yeah, I'm being held back in a sense. It's no hard feelings and once again it's no regrets...We in lawsuits, I can't release an album commercially and it is what it is..." (Rolling Out TV)

Check out Yung Joc speaking on Bad Boy Entertainment below:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus