News: UPDATE: Mother Of Alleged Pleasure P Child Victim Speaks, "He Had A Charge Dealing W/ Children" [Audio]
Sunday, Dec 13, 2009 8:00AM
The mother of the alleged child victim in Marcus "Pleasure P" Cooper's publicized molestation accusations has come forward to confirm that recent reports against the singer's image may be true.
According to Saricea Harris, her son was not allowed to reside in the same home of Pleasure P while she went away to serve time behind bars.
"My son was going to live with my father [Joseph Smith], my father was going to take care of him while I was away in prison," she explained in an interview. "Everybody knows that when you're letting your child live with a family member, the Department of Children & Families has to go to the house and do a home study and run everybody's names that's living in the house. So they ran everybody's name in the house and they sent me this paper back and removed my son. The next day, they came and removed my son from my father's house and we didn't know why and when they told us why, and I have the papers right here, to give you an exact reason why they removed my son from the house and this is on the fourth page of the five page Shelter Placement paper that I have under special conditions, number nine, it says, 'No unsupervised contact between the child and Marcus Cooper and Marcus Cooper shall not reside at home with the child that's placed with [guradian] Joseph Smith.' We were all like, 'Oh my gosh, what's going on? Why can't Marcus be at home with my son at our house where we live?' What I was told was he had a charge dealing with children, a molestation charge. That's what I was told. I haven't seen any documents, from what I was told, the documents are sealed." (YouTube)
For P, he has said he's been having a hard time dealing with the claims and said his own family has been struck by the rumors.
"I work so hard for my good name and my name goes a long way," he explained, in response to the accusation. "I got a 5 year-old son. We're talking family here. I don't find none of the lies funny. I take it very seriously. It's false, it's a lie. This is not [even] a girl. It's a fake person, somebody that doesn't exist." (MTV)
He previously revealed how the situation forced him to leave the R. Kelly tour.
"It actually came from a no-face blogger, a person that don't exist on the internet," he told the host. "A person who won't show their face just decided 'I'm going to put out some false information about Mr. Pleasure P.' We dealing with it right now. I took off the R. Kelly tour just to deal with this issue. It's a very serious matter and it could happen to anybody. It could happen to you. That a person put something out there like that and people actually believing it." "You gotta look at it this way," Pleasure P's lawyer added, "How do you defend yourself against a lie on the internet? It's virtually impossible. The only thing that this unnamed person has come forward with are these documents and if you look at them they don't make sense. They are cobbled together." (Necole Bitchie)
Writing via his PleasurePMusic.com website last week, the singer struck back at the gossip.
"All of the recent rumors and accusations that are being circulated about me are 100% false.," he wrote Thursday (December 3) afternoon. "They are disgusting and vile; and they are being spread by individuals with their own sick agendas. The purported documents that are also being circulated are forgeries. I have never met or known anyone by the name of "AGoldstein" or Laura Goldstein or Ashley Goldstein, which I believe are fictitious names. I have never been represented by an attorney named Goldstein. For someone to go to such depths to assassinate my character and slander my good name is truly criminal. My attorneys are investigating this matter and will take all necessary and appropriate action to protect my name and reputation." (Pleasure P Music)
Check out the interview below:
For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.