News: Diddy Files $2.5 Million Lawsuit Against Landlord

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2009 8:30PM

Written by Biz Jones

Rap mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs has reportedly filed a $2.5 million lawsuit against a New York City landlord over damages relating to his popular Sean John clothing retail store.

According to reports, the claims go as far back as 2006.

According to a lawsuit filed in New York, Diddy's company -- Christian Casey LLC -- leased a portion of a ground floor building on Fifth Avenue in NYC for its flagship clothing store. Diddy lawyers claim sometime in 2006 the building owners put up sidewalk scaffolding and just left it there -- sending Sean John sales down the toilet -- down nearly 50%. They claim the scaffolding "substantially obstructed the view of the clothing and furnishings displayed in the ground floor windows." Team Diddy is suing for $2.5 mil in damages. (TMZ)

Soulja Boy Tell Em found himself having landlord issues and owing nearly $10,000 in unpaid bills earlier this year, which he later responded to via a flashy video.

"Got d*mn breaking news shawty," Soulja Boy said with a camera focused on his jewelery. "Man they said Bugs Bunny died today shawty, they said I stole all the carrots from that n*gga shawty. He couldn't eat bruh, look at all this sh*t. N*gga talking about 200 on a Soulja Boy chain, 150 on The World Is Yours [chain], 20 stacks on every ring, 50 stacks on every watch, 250 on the Lambo [pendant], 150 on the S.O.D. [chain], I don't even know how much the Louis cost, I don't know how much the Gucci cost, I don't know how much that Louis cost, n*ggas wanna put my plaques on the wall, man. Gang, gang gang, S.O.D. n*gga. So much jewelery n*gga, show 'em the S.O.D. chain. Then I f*ck around and open the, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. They took me to jail, I told my n*gga, 'Yo, just go to my crib and just get one of these out, bruh and come get me outta jail bruh.'" (YouTube)

Besides legal woes, Diddy is helping people celebrate New Year's Eve with free public transportation in New York City and Las Vegas.

After a successful run last year, the music mogul has teamed up with Ciroc Vodka for another Safe Rides program, which provides transportation in New York for those hammered after celebrating New Years Eve. For the first time, the program is being offered in Las Vegas. (VIBE)

The Bad Boy Records executive also spoke on the importance of featuring Vegas and the Big Apple this year.

"New York stands as the world's icon for a New Year's Eve celebration and Las Vegas is the biggest party destination in the country," Combs said in a statement. "By bringing this program to both of these great cities we will continue to show the rest of the country that a sophisticated holiday celebration doesn't end when the ball drops, but when everyone gets home safely." (NBC New York)

No further details have been offered regarding Diddy's lawsuit.

Look below for a recent Diddy interview:

For the latest gadgets, gear and giveaways, check out GetFrush.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus